Senior Architectural Technician / Technical Architect
Who we are:
BRL Architects is a progressive architectural practice established over 30 years ago in Plymouth, Devon. Operating from our principle address in Plymouth and an office in Fulham, we have built a strong reputation for designing high quality buildings that creatively add value for our clients. We are recognised nationally for our versatile portfolio of work around the country.
Founded in 1989, our continued growth and success over the past three decades has been made possible by our inspired team of innovative professionals. Our ability to combine commercial awareness with practical experience adds considerable value to our work regardless of size or scope.
What we do:
We have built up considerable expertise in the residential sector, with many apartment and housing projects now successfully completed. The scope of work in the residential sector ranges from affordable to luxury developments. Commercial projects including hotels, restaurants, offices, retail parks, warehousing, educational, community and health facilities also feature within the practice profile. The practice is also recognised nationally for its portfolio of major leisure facilities around the UK.
Your role will involve:
- Leading your team and running complex, large scale projects
- Produce tender and construction documentation, including all technical drawings and specifications
- Running multiple projects at once with the ability to delegate effectively
- Clear and regular communication with everyone involved on each project
- Occasional travel to project sites around the UK
The Ideal Candidate:
- Due to our commitment to delivering projects to BIM level 2, a detailed knowledge and technical understanding of Building Information Modelling would be highly advantageous
- We use Revit for all projects at all design stages, so technical experience in this software is essential, including Navisworks
- Experience of specification writing using NBS Create
- A thorough knowledge of UK Building Regulations is essential
- Experience of working on large scale multi-million pound projects in the Leisure and Residential sectors
- Extensive on-site job running experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working within an Architectural Practice
- Must be self-motivated with the ability to manage your time and productivity effectively
- The ability to interpret briefs, work to deadlines and be adaptable whilst working to strict deadlines/budgets