7 days left
- Full Time
Building Information Modelling (BIM) is a priority growth area for BRE. As such, we are seeking to employ a keen BIM individual with extensive industry expertise who can support the BIM Team in delivery of services to support industry.
Predominantly working in the UK and based in Watford, but with occasional overseas work, the position will be responsible for supporting delivery of organisational assessments and audits, training, and advisory work.
This truly is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of developments in BIM and emerging information management thinking.
Business Unit - BREEAM: BREEAM | BRE Group
Reports to: Head of BRE Academy/Associate Director
Job Family: Certification & Testing
Job Family Level:4
- Deliver classroom / remote training, auditing and advisory services, to industry and academia across the UK and internationally
- Support the development of training content
- Support client meetings and proposal generation
- Support the generation of marketing content
- Represent BRE at conferences and events
- Represent BRE at working groups and other industry groups as appropriate
- Ensure BRE’s knowledge of BIM and emerging information management thinking is always up to date.
Skills and experience
The individual should have the following skills and experience:
- Have excellent understanding of previous HMG BIM Level 2 and current UK BIM Framework ISO 19650 requirements and associated standards and documentation
- Knowledge and understanding of wider BIM initiatives and organisations globally
- Good presentation and customer facing engagement skills
- Existing auditor skills and experience
- Ability to translate complex information into content that engages our clients
- Post Graduate Qualification in an AEC related discipline
- Extensive working experience of AEC design, construction, or lifecycle management
- An understanding of the use and capabilities of some of authoring software tools from vendors such as Autodesk, Bentley, Graphisoft or Solibri
- Written skills - demonstrated ability to review and write research papers, project related documentation, guidance documents, develop and present training material and presentations
- Demonstrate good graphical presentation skills to develop and produce presentation material using PowerPoint
- Ability to travel depending upon assigned project requirements.
- Auditor to ISO 9001 advantageous but not essential
Other desirable skills and experience include:
- Chartership or progression towards chartership within a professional institution
- Working knowledge of typical IT applications and BIM systems, as well as common in-house Standards, Methods and Procedures and QA procedures.
- An understanding of OpenBIM and its related products such as IFC and COBie etc.
- Knowledge of BIM implementation requirements and associated Information Technology needs, either from a consultant or contracting background
This job description is a non-exhaustive summary of your role and is non-contractual. In addition to the above, you may be required to undertake additional duties in order to properly execute your role. This job description is subject to variation from time to time in order to meet the changing needs and requirements of our industry, as well as customer and business demands.
The experience requirements above are provided for guidance purposes, however we would welcome applications from candidates with more or less relevant experience who can demonstrate their suitability for the role.
Whilst this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way.
Please also note that should we receive a large number of applications for the role, we may close the advert sooner than the specified closing date, so do apply at your earliest convenience to avoid disappointment.