Expressions of Interest requested for CONSTRUCTION MANAGER role on exciting project in Cumbria to establish a spiritual and wellbeing retreat.
A Project Summary and covering letter, including instructions for submission, can be downloaded from the following link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fpF-rq-R9a_ds9Mt5NLBaiyHioZwJkNf?usp=sharing
This Request for a Proposal welcomes expressions of interest from individuals, groups and firms for a Construction Management role on this exciting project in Millom, Cumbria.
This project is currently nearing the end of RIBA Stage 3, and it is hoped that a Construction Management resource can be added to the team to play a crucial role from the beginning of Stage 4 in the summer of 2021.
Construction Management Scope:
At present, the Client and Design Team have come to the conclusion that the project is best suited to a Construction Management approach given the diverse multi-disciplinary nature of the building designs and the complexity of the site works and landscaping. Whether this means the project needs to be split down into every trade package or is more suited to being larger packages handled by established contractors is still to be defined. Therefore, the key starting point for the Construction Manager will be to provide guidance and input about how best to procure the trade packages for the project.
Moving forward, the CM’s scope may include (but not be limited to):
• Organising, arranging and recording the RIBA Stage 4 design development process;
• Advising the Client and taking action to establish a mechanism for all activities of the CM process;
• Maintain programmes and information release;
• Aid the Design Team and Client with cost planning and budgeting requirements for the project;
• Provide services in relation to tendering, contract formation, contract administration, post-contract valuations and cost reporting for all trade packages;
• Manage trade contractors and the site;
• Take responsibility for health and safety on the site;
• Administer change control and variation procedures to all trade contractors;
• Keep records of site activity for BREEAM and ensure all necessary documentation is filed and kept properly;
• Obtain Trade Contractor warranties and ensure statutory sign off.
Please visit the following link to download a Project Summary and covering letter, which also outlines instructions for a submission: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fpF-rq-R9a_ds9Mt5NLBaiyHioZwJkNf?usp=sharing