Architectural Technologist or qualified Architect for architectural consultancy in north London
Due to an ever expanding workload this north London based architectural consultancy is looking to recruit an enthusiastic intermediate level Architectural Technologist or newly qualified Architect to join their small team of friendly Technologists. They work predominantly on private residential projects but also get involved with some retail, commercial and mixed use schemes based across London and the south east so you won't get bored! The role will require you to be involved on projects from initial client brief and site survey through to the production of drawings for planning and Building Regulations approval using AutoCAD. You will even get onto site from time to time to deal with any queries that arise as the construction programme progresses.
The ideal person will have a Degree in Architectural Technology or be RIBA Part 3 qualified, possess a minimum of 3 years experience working on private residential projects, be totally AutoCAD literate and have a positive and proactive "can do" attitude with strong communication skills. You must also be well organised and be a real problem solver as you will be spending a fair amount of time working on your own. You will be responsible for the preparation of design, planning and building regulation matters and contractors queries.
- Preparing preliminary designs on AutoCAD
- Advising clients
- Dealing with external consultants
- Preparing planning applications
- Writing Planning & Design and Access Statements
- Preparing building regulation drawings
Qualities & skills required:-
- AutoCAD literate
- Ability to demonstrate strong technical knowledge & construction detailing
- Relevant building/construction related qualification or be Part 3 qualified
- Possess a minimum of 3 years professional experience
- The ability to carefully analyse problems in order to generate appropriate solutions
- Knowledge of the UK building regulations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Valid UK driving licence
In return you will receive an excellent salary and the opportunity to take ownership of your own projects from start to finish!