Senior/ Civil Engineer- Rail- Lineside, Bridges and Structures
4 days left
- Full Time
A Consultancy service, formed as part of a blue-chip corporate group, my client offer a client focused approach and value centred service across an array of asset portfolios including: road, railways and utilities networks to name but a few.
From asset management, to advisory and design services they monitor the performance of the asset life cycle, it's operation and use.
In this instance my client is looking to add talent to their Rail Services sector, recruiting an experienced Civil Engineer and above across their Lineside, Bridges and Structures team(s). Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Senior Engineer (and above) will have the below essential experience, skills and qualifications:
- Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK; this opportunity is not offering sponsorship
- A minimum of 5yrs experience in Civil Engineering railway design and construction.
- Desire to develop existing skills and acquire new technical competence to enhance team capability.
- A proven ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to mentor Apprentice, Graduate and Assistant level Engineers within the team
- You will be dedicated meet project deadlines.
- Comfortable with client facing elements of the role, including meetings, written correspondence and taking a technical lead where required.
- A desire to become a chartered Engineer in the near future..
- Able to fulfil the role of Contractor's Responsible Engineer (CRE)
- Strong knowledge of draughting and BIM software and steelwork and reinforced concrete detailing.
- Competent in design processes
- Client focused approach to service delivery and project deadlines
As Civil Engineer (Rail Design) you will become a vital part of the railway civil engineering design team, ensuring full compliance with all relevant technical standards, such as British Standards, Eurocodes, Network Rail Company Standards, Railway Group Standards, etc. You will deliver of all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the quality required. You will guide Graduate Engineers through projects and assist in professional development and training. Maintaining excellent relationships is essential to the success of this role, this will include external stakeholders including clients, supply chain partners, contractors, sub-contractors, governing bodies and similar.
Key duties and tasks:
- Develop feasibility studies, outline and detailed designs in accordance with the Client's requirements and relevant design standards to achieve cost effective, buildable solutions.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources and finances.
- Have a strong knowledge in relevant railway Group and Company standards, the GRIP process, British Standards, and Eurocodes.
- Guide CAD technicians in the development of design drawings, details, library of standard details etc.
- Provide guidance and mentorship in the use of appropriate technical / engineering and analysis software including Superstress, Scale and similar.
- Maintain good working relationships with the Client and other interested parties.
- Undertake a wide range of design work on all aspects of the railway civil engineering infrastructure that fall within competence, including but not limited to, platforms, lineside equipment bases & structures, footbridges, over and under-bridges, buildings, etc.
- Undertake project planning, programming, cost control and administration; and associated reporting on delivery, resources and budget.
- Enter into detailed technical discussions with approval authorities, consenting bodies, Clients, Contractors, staff, Third Parties and other stakeholder groups.
- Check design calculations, contract documentation, drawings, technical documents and project reports complying with current standards.
- Attend internal and external project meetings, by representing Civil Engineering in multi-disciplinary projects; including attending meetings, liaise with supply chain and other third party organisations.
- Maintain high technical standards, consistent with the project brief.
- Ensure compliance with relevant health, safety and environmental legislation through the design and work stages, and lead by example with respect to Health, Safety, Welfare Environment and CDM.
- Undertake bidding, business development and client relationship management as required.
WHATS IN IT FOR YOU:
In addition to a wealth of autonomy, diversity in work such as TRU and large complex Rail Design projects, a mentoring opportunity and continued professional development; you will be joining a large diverse team of highly experienced and technically competent Civil Engineers. You will benefit from working with a well known and highly sought after employer of choice; they invest in their people and offer long-term career progress and diverse projects.
24 days holidays + bank holidays, with an option to buy additional holidays up to 5 days
Pension scheme 6%
Annual pay reviews
Professional subscription paid (1 per year)
Professional development with ICE
They are currently successfully operating a Hybrid working environment which they envisage long term
A very competitive salary is on offer for the right individual
Apply for Senior/ Civil Engineer- Rail- Lineside, Bridges and Structures
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly