Senior Civil Engineer
4 days left
- Full Time
As a multi-disciplinary consultancy with a varied client base, undertaking projects across the transport, residential, commercial, industrial, education, health and retail sectors, to name but a few.
They take pride in offering employment to professionals that is enjoyable, challenging and a career that offers job satisfaction, as well as the encouragement to progress personally and professionally.
Innovative thinking resonates with them, with a true focus on the high quality, value engineered infrastructure, adapting to the needs of the UK now and for the future.
A very exciting opportunity and for a Senior Civil Engineer with a drive for self-development in civil engineering design and a willingness to take on new challenges and embracing innovation.
As experienced Civil Engineer you will have c5years experience and will be able to work autonomously using your technical capability to meet clients requirements, whilst acting as a mentor to junior members of the team, being a positive influence on their career now and for the future.
You will have worked for a multi-disciplinary consultancy previously, with exposure to the complex projects from planning stage, through to completion, you will also be open to managing your own projects from cradle to grave, further developing your project skills and relationships with stakeholders.
Due to the complex nature of their clients, it is preferred that you have had exposure to clients such as: Developers, local authorities and contractors, all of whom will have varying expectations, depending on the project requirements and desired/ agreed SLA's.
Skills and Experienced:
- Degree qualified as a minimum in Civil Engineering (Or similar), ideally chartered / working towards chartered status or with a desire to do so.
- Technical competent in design, from preliminary and detailed design of Infrastructure, highways, levels, drainage and external works.
- Fully conversant with our industry standard design software packages AutoCad, Civil 3D, PDS and MicroDrainage.
- A good working level of computer proficiency, Microsoft Excel essential.
- Extensive stakeholder relationship management, internally and externally, in addition to planning authorities, statutory undertakers and national bodies such as the Environment Agency.
- Experience liaising with third parties' architects, planners, project managers and directly with Clients.
- Good commercial awareness able to influence and negotiate where needed, as well as an aptitude to develop emerging and new client relationships.
- Experience of providing an outward facing capacity as a design team representative in dealings with clients on technical matters.
- An ability to effectively delegate design responsibility to others and act in a mentoring role to less experienced staff.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary c£35,000-£45,000 doe
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Buy and Sell holiday options
- Life Assurance
- Non-contributory Pension Scheme
- First class training
- Professional Subscription
- Perkbox rewards scheme
- Cycle to Work
- 1 paid day of volunteering for a company-nominated charity
- 2.5 paid days for STEM activity
Please get in touch with the managing consultant, by submitting your application and up to date CV.
Apply for Senior Civil Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly