IT Support Engineer
IT Support Engineer
Award-winning architectural practice Haworth Tompkins are currently looking for an IT Support Engineer. The successful candidate will help the IT and CAD manager in support and delivery of the IT and CAD strategy within the studio, while keeping up to date on the latest software, systems, and processes. Experience working with CAD and BIM Softwares preferable but not essential.
Due to the current situation the position will be for an initial period of six months, with the option to extend thereafter subject to agreement.
ROLE AND ATTRIBUTES IT SUPPORT
- Provide 1st and 2nd Line technical support and maintenance for IT desktop
- Install and maintain workstations and laptops
- Support IT/CAD Manager in reviewing IT systems
- Support internal telephone system and external telecommunication suppliers
- Provide 1st and 2nd Line technical support and maintenance for printers
- To assist with other departmental duties where necessary
- Liaise with IT Manager
- Assist the IT/CAD Manager to maintain and monitor software subscriptions (Adobe, Bentley, Autodesk, Rhino)
- Support staff on the latest software and general day-to- day technical issues
- Maintain and support cloud-based email (Office 365)
- Assist IT/CAD Manager to propose and implement new software solutions and systems as required to meet company objectives
- Oversee server folder structures
- Manage file and data storage including archiving and backup
- Create new project numbers, preference files and folders as required
- Monitor internal document control procedures including file and folder structure
- Liaise with architects and provide assistance in use of web-based document control systems I.E. Newforma
We use Autocad and Revit software packages to develop most of our projects (some legacy projects delivered in Microstation). Further training can be provided but we require individuals who can become quickly established on projects, so some experience of Revit in particular is essential. We work as a collaborative and proactive studio where communication and knowledge sharing is encouraged. Project work is supported by a programme of lunchtime talks, construction site visits and office trips.
Haworth Tompkins is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds. We seek to support flexible working arrangements to suit family commitments. Regrettably due to the expected volume of replies, we can only contact shortlisted applicants.
Apply by email only, do not send printed documents or links to online portfolios
Applications can be addressed to Duaine Phillips
Insert the position you are applying for, as it appears above, in the subject heading
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Friday 11th June
Candidates who apply after the closing date may not be considered for the position.