Award-winning architectural practice Haworth Tompkins, based in Kentish Town, are currently looking for an experienced health and safety professional to take on the position of Principal Designer, providing support and advice to multiple in-house teams and our clients during the design and pre-construction stages across a wide range of projects.
Due to the current situation the position will be for an initial period of six months, with the option to extend thereafter subject to agreement.
ROLE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to provide design team members and clients with strategic advice to ensure compliance with the CDM Regulations 2015
- Principal Designer Certification from RIBA, APS, CITB or similar accreditation from a recognised organisation
- Experience and expertise to carry out the duties of Principal Designer and Principal Designer Advisor
- Working knowledge and experience of statutory CDM 2015 Regulations as well as other health and safety regulations
- Experience and expertise to compile, review, and contribute to significant hazard and risk registers, design risk management, and Health & Safety plans
- Ability to prepare pre-construction information packs and other CDM related documentation
- Attendance of design team meetings as well as chairing of project CDM meetings
- Review and update the office health and safety manual and undertake workplace health and safety risk assessments
- A good knowledge of design and construction related activities and designers duties from a broad range of industry sectors
- Ability to work effectively with people at all qualification levels, from all backgrounds and from all disciplines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to excel in a direct client facing capacity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programmes
- Ability to thrive in a busy environment and stay calm under pressure
The successful candidate will be working closely with the practice's project teams as well as other consultants and clients across a wide range of different projects. We work as a collaborative and proactive studio where communication and knowledge sharing is encouraged. Project work is supported by a programme of lunchtime talks, construction site visits and office trips.
Haworth Tompkins is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds. We seek to support flexible working arrangements to suit family commitments. Regrettably due to the expected volume of replies, we can only contact short-listed applicants.
Apply by email only, do not send printed documents or links to online portfolios
Applications can be addressed to Shaun Snow
Insert the position you are applying for, as it appears above, in the subject heading
Email your application to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 11th June.
Candidates who apply after the closing date may not be considered for the position.