Principle Mechanical Engineer - Infrastructure
Principle Mechanical Engineer job based in Derby. Working on large infrastructure projects.
Your new company
An exciting innovative world-leader in engineering and design consultancy and construction; they have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects.
Your new role
You will join a team of experienced infrastructure engineers where your main duties will be:
- Lead and/or contribute on feasibility, outline and detailed design projects.
- Liaise with internal and external clients within the UK and worldwide.
- Support bidding and be proactive in the winning of work.
- Take ownership of specific 'skill areas' or activities within technical knowledge networks.
- Supporting and mentoring, with the possibility of formal line management responsibilities.
- Contributing to new innovative ideas/ making suggestions for innovation,
- Opportunity to present your project work at company meetings or at conferences
- Working with and developing digital tools and products.
What you'll need to succeed
You are Degree-qualified with a mechanical engineering bias; ideally a Chartered member of a
recognised engineering institution. You will have extensive UK water/wastewater industry experience and you will have a blend of leadership and technical expertise. You will have experience of managing and mentoring teams and/or individuals and/or projects, potentially split across disciplines and locations. You are continually developing an external profile and reputation and you have a desire and willingness to raise the profile of
yourself and your employer. You can demonstrate a willingness to contribute to and develop technical knowledge networks.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a comprehensive and competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with the role and your skills and experience. Teams work core hours although specific working hours can in the right circumstances be adjusted to suit the needs of the individual. Working locations, whilst needing to match the requirements of work and clients, can also be flexible if the need arises. If flexible working is essential or a preference for you, please let me know when applying so we can discuss what possibilities may exist.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Principle Mechanical Engineer - Infrastructure
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly