Drawing Office Manager
Drawing Office Manager job in Derby. Competitive salary and extensive benefits package.
Your new company
They have been established for over 20 years delivering Structural and Civil Engineering design services to a wide range of clients operating in the commercial, industrial, power, health, transport, leisure and education sectors. They pride themselves on their high standards, attention to detail and Health and Safety aspects of their work. They are committed to providing a personal and flexible service individually tailored to each client's needs ensuring they provide a design and detailing service specific to each project.
Your new role
You will implement and manage CAD standards and techniques in Drawing Office to maximise efficiency and coordinate and review workload of all CAD Technicians. Your main duties will include:
- Lead the team of CAD Technicians in the preparation of design information and drawings and monitor progress including delegating tasks as required.
- Produce workload and status updates for the Drawing Office.
- Implement, manage and review CAD standards in the Drawing Office ensuring all CAD Technicians follow these standards.
- Create and maintain a library of CAD standards and bespoke drawings which can be utilised for future business support.
- Ensure CAD work is issued in line with the QA, project requirements and programme.
- Produce quotations for clients.
- Produce training matrix for CAD Technicians.
- Mentor junior staff.
- Monitor CAD Technicians performance including quality and budgets.
- Contribute to the company strategy for delivery of projects and securing new work.
- Review software and hardware requirements of CAD Technicians.
- Involvement in technical recruitment.
What you'll need to succeed
You are an experienced Drawing Office Manager with the relevant qualifications. You are a competent Team Leader and enjoy this aspect of your work specifically training and mentorship. An ability to liaise well with clients, colleagues and counterparts will be crucial to your success in this role.You are an excellent communicator both written and spoken. You can demonstrate a passion for your work and examples of delivering work to a high standard.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a competitive salary and a extensive benefits package which includes pension scheme, private healthcare scheme, 25 days holiday (plus stats) and flexible working. There is also on site parking. You will be encouraged to share ideas and improvements as positive contributions are highly valued. You will be given the autonomy to make your own decisions and develop new plans and ideas for yourself, your team and the business as a whole.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Drawing Office Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly