Deputy Group Head of Architecture for a leading UK wide multi-disciplinary consultancy
White Space has been retained on an exclusive basis by one of the UK's leading and progressive multi-disciplinary consultancies to find them a key strategic level Architect for their growing London based architectural team. With two offices in the UK and the ability to offer clients a comprehensive range of construction consultancy services across multiple sectors they have been a major player within the UK construction market for many years. They also pride themselves in always attracting exceptional candidates and nurturing their staff along the way to ensure they have a particularly high level of staff retention within the organisation. Their continued success has been built on the positive collaboration between all departments combined with the latest technology available in the marketplace. On each individual project they build a highly professional and experienced bespoke team around their client to deliver the exact expertise and knowledge required for the most effective outcome. This ensures continued repeat business from their quite enviable list of high-profile clients.
Sectors where they have a strong track record include housing, healthcare, education, public, commercial, regeneration and mixed use.
Due to a recent restructure within the architectural team, they are now keen to recruit an experienced qualified Architect who has the ability and interest in undertaking a predominantly internally focused managerial role ensuring the smooth running of their extremely busy and expanding architecture business.
Working closely with the Group Head of Architecture you will be responsible for the architectural team as a whole which includes Associates/Project Team Leaders, Senior Architects, Architects, Part II Assistants and Trainee level staff. Your practice wide responsibilities will include the following:-
- Always acting in a professional manner when undertaking your job role
- Maintain flexibility and approach to you work
- Ensuring all business activities are kept strictly confidential
- Comply with the organisation’s QA procedures and all published guidance notes
- Adopt a collaborative approach to all working practices
Main Job Responsibilities include:-
- Managing workload/resources within the group to meet agreed deadlines and timescales.
- Play an integral part to the overall success and growth of the architecture group in terms of fee income, profits, overall project quality and profile of the architectural business.
- Support and work alongside the Group Head in delivering growth (turnover, profits, project and industry influence), working collaborative with the other disciplines and mentoring the staff within the Group.
- Assist in delivering and developing high quality training, mentoring and coaching functions as the Group grows as agreed and directed by the Management Group.
- Work across the Group and organisation to identify and share best practice in the delivery of the architectural discipline. Implementing management techniques, resource planning and focusing on best client advice and best practice issues.
- Ensure all internal QA procedures are met both by yourself and the Group members.
- Work within the Group to support business development activities by sharing experience, contacts and knowledge to assist with potential new work. Work with the Group Head to assist in targeting potential work sources across a variety of services and sectors.
- Assist in bid writing and tender responses when required forming part of the submission group on a bid-by-bid basis.
- Act in the role of Project Team Leader on defined projects as and when directed by the Group Head.
- ARB/RIBA registered
- Experience managing the personal development and performance of staff at all levels
- Excellent communication skills
- In-depth knowledge and exposure to the UK residential sector
- Experience of technical design, coordination and delivery projects
- Sound knowledge of the relevant UK technical standards and regulations
In return you will receive a highly competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to thrive and progress within an extremely staff oriented organisation. You will also play an integral part in the development and growth of the architectural group as a whole and also make a positive difference in staff career progression and welfare.
If you’re interested in hearing more about this role and the company, please get in touch as the client is keen to commence the interviewing process ASAP.