Senior Building Surveyor
Senior Building Surveyor, Milton Keynes/Luton, £30,000 to £55,000, chartered surveyor MRICS/FRICS
Your new company
You will be working within a team of highly qualified professionals for one of the region's leading full-service firms.
Your new role
To provide professional expertise on all building matters to clients and to assist the Head of Building Consultancy and when appropriate the Partners in the course of the employment.
1) To represent the practice as a building surveyor and always promote its best interests.
2) To provide day to day assistance to the Head of the Building Consultancy and Partners when directed.
3) To take instructions and guidance from the Head of Building Consultancy or a Partner when applicable.
4) To assist with the development and maintenance of a strong client base specifically in building surveying matters, but also generally.
5) To comply with the RICS membership regulations in so far as they apply to you in the capacity of a building surveyor.
6) To diligently handle all instructions and to maintain comprehensive records for all work undertaken.
7) To undertake measured surveys and production of drawings.
8) To prepare specifications and tender documentation.
9) To prepare and submit applications for consent to Local Authority planning and Building Control departments etc., as applicable.
General day-to-day duties would also include condition surveys, dilapidations, party wall awards, cost estimates, project management/co-ordination, contract administration, residential homebuyers reports and building surveys.
Contact Inside the Practice Partners:
Associates, Senior Surveyors and Support Staff on a day-to-day basis - contact face to face by telephone, email or by writing.
Contact Outside the Practice
To contact clients regularly either face to face, by telephone, email or letter.
Building contractors etc and their staff, architects and surveyors - regularly to make contact either face to face, email, telephone or in writing by letter or faxed.
Solicitors - Occasionally face to face, by telephone, email or in writing by letter or fax.
Local Authority Officers - to regularly meet face to face, by telephone, email or in writing by letter or fax.
What you'll need to succeed
You will need to be a Member/Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, (MRICS/FRICS), Member of the Building Surveying Faculty (RICS) and an accredited degree in building surveying. You will have day to day responsibility within the team for making your own informed decisions. Policy issues are to be referred to the Head of the Building Consultancy. Ideally, you will have a private practice background. This is a challenging position requiring a technically competent person who is commercially aware.
What you'll get in return
You will receive between £30,000 and £55,000 plus benefits depending on experience. This is an office-based role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.