Senior Architect for an Up And Coming North London Practice
We are looking for an experienced architect who would like to join our small but rapidly expanding practice. This is a full-time position with flexible working opportunities in a small office.
Our client base currently covers London and surrounding counties with a wide variety of projects - ranging from internal renovations, larger home extensions and new build developments of new houses and flats.
We take projects from design, successfully through the planning process to building regulations and tendering.
Our main goal is to create incredible places for people to live. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of an innovative and industry-changing company.
We are looking for a senior architect to join our team. You will be instrumental in delivering quality, inspirational designs and technical packages to our clients. We are looking for proactive candidates, who are passionate about working with existing structures as well as new build projects for developers. The suitable candidate needs to have a minimum of 3-4 years of experience in the UK.
Architectural duties and responsibilities:
- Consult with clients to determine their requirements
- Undertake measured surveys and prepare existing + proposed drawings in Autocad or Revit
- Coordinate preliminary architectural designs for new structures and alterations to existing structures
- Resolve complex design issues with innovative and practical solutions
- Lead and develop projects from early concept through design and technical development
- Prepare working drawings, specification writing and construction documents
- Technical detailing for site and updating construction packages
- Submit and manage building regulations applications for approval
- Clarity and confidence in communication; in writing, drawing, on screen and in person
We are looking for individuals who have the following requirements:
- Proficient in spoken and written English, with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent AutoCAD or Revit skills, Microsoft Office
- Excellent design, detailing and presentation skills
- Understanding of project programs and deadlines
- Strong knowledge of UK building regulations and current UK building standards
- Good knowledge of domestic planning policies (though this guidance will come from our in-house planning team) e.g. permitted development requirements, lawful development, householder planning applications, etc.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, excellent timekeeping skills
- Experience in managing a team of professionals
- Must be able to evaluate, select, and implement architectural procedures and techniques to complete projects
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively
- Salary depending on experience
We believe it's very important for all members of our team to be motivated so happy to offer an annual 10% salary bonus (based on performance) for anyone who joins our team. We are keen to connect with individuals who share our values & our dynamic approach to growing our business.