Empty Homes Project Officer/Voids Surveyor
Void surveyors, empty homes project officer, Stevenage, temporary, local authority, legislation
Your new company
You will be a part of a local authority who cares passionately about their town and are committed to making a real difference to the lives of all their residents now, and into the future. Their approach is driven by their values. These guide and inform everything they do; delivering their services, working with their partners, and ensuring the Council is an inspiring place for staff to work.
Your new role
In this role, you will have overall and specific responsibility for the diagnosis of all repair and project works, quality control, payment and contract management, specification, ordering and liaison.
- You will be a key member within the Empty Homes Team, whose purpose is to deliver a high quality, upper quartile performance in relation to managing and re-letting void properties.
- You will manage the inspection, maintenance and repair of empty homes in order to ensure that properties are available for letting within target times, and that void rent loss is minimised.
- You contribute to changes made to existing policies and procedures and embed this in the day-to-day delivery of an efficient Empty Homes service
What you'll need to succeed
- Have a recognised building trade qualification (HNC / CIOB / RICS) or equivalent and relevant supervisory experience within the Building trade.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a building maintenance environment and working with Schedule of Rates.
- Competent in Health and Safety, CDM legislation, planning and building regulations.
Experience of budget management, setting and reporting.
What you'll get in return
Temporary placement of three months
37 hours per week
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.