P1 Architectural Assistant
5 days left
- Full Time
dRMM is a RIBA Stirling-prize winning, design-led studio based in London and Berlin. dRMM’s talented and resourceful team work on a range of exciting, innovative projects in the UK and overseas. Our thriving studio is made up of like-minded people who work in the belief that architecture should be – above all – socially useful and responsible. Our studio culture is one of openness and warmth and we welcome people of all backgrounds. dRMM is an equal opportunities employer and we actively encourage applications from underrepresented groups.
We are looking for motivated and talented Part I Architectural Assistants to join our team in London to work on variety of projects. You will be expected to work as part of a project team; research and develop architectural and technical solutions; work with BIM; generate CAD drawings and schedules, reports, and visualisations; and coordinate designs with other consultants.
You will have excellent English communication skills, be well-organised and have a proven track record of working both independently and as part of a team. You will show great flexibility and versatility to work on various project types, at various stages and scales. You will demonstrate good ability to learn from your peers as well as independently. Knowledge of the German language is advantageous.
Fluency in Revit, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite is a minimum requirement; knowledge of Rhino and rendering software is advantageous. Good model-making skills and a high level of design competency are required.
- Research and develop concept design and architectural solutions
- Develop models and drawings under guidance of a Project Architect
- Establish and integrate technical information and statutory requirements
- Prepare presentation material
- Attend meetings, take notes, follow up with actions
- Liaise with consultants and design teams
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Adobe suite and Revit is essential and will be assessed in interview process
- Ability to produce coherent and well resolved architectural designs
- Excellent ability to build physical models
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility and versatility including working on a variety of projects in parallel
- Ability to take initiative in response to direction or instruction
Salary: Salary band 1 (£22.4k - £26k); dependent on experience and compliance with dRMM salary banding.
Working pattern: this position is envisioned as a full-time role.
To apply please submit your CV, portfolio and a short cover letter detailing your suitability to the role and notice period (if applicable). Applications should be sent by email to jobs@dRMM.co.uk (max file size 5MB) for the attention of HR, quoting ref: Part1_2107 in the subject title.
Please note we are only able to respond to successful applicants and will not discuss submissions over the telephone.
Application deadline: Monday, 2nd August 2021.
Apply for P1 Architectural Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly