Project Manager - Construction/Utilities
Project Manager job. Managing large/multiple projects in the construction or electricity/gas/water industries.
Your new company
Founded in 2006, Matrix Networks has seen huge year on year growth and more than a decade later, are operating out of three UK offices. They are responsible for the Infrastructure Installations for a range of clients who see them as market leaders. They are currently about to embark on an extraordinary journey of growth and new market exploration, and they are looking or the right people to be part of their future.
Your new role
You will optimise performance through the effective management of projects from allocation to completion. Your main duties will include:
- Manage multiple and/or major projects safely, competently, and effectively to time and budget.
- Manage and report on all financial aspects of projects under your control.
- Ensure extra works are priced and invoiced according to the specific contracts.
- Provide cost value reconciliation (CVR) for projects
- Ensure all sub-contracts / contractors are approved in line with business policies and procedures.
- Ensure projects are undertaken in accordance with all current SHEQ and technical legislation.
- Review and monitor programme schedule using Project Management tools in line with agreed client targets.
- Fulfil the role of Qualified Supervisor under the NERS Scheme
- Fulfil the role of CP / AE under the GIRS scheme
- Fulfil the role of SCP under the WIRS scheme
- Prepare project safety and CDM plans and Risk Assessments as part of overall programme.
- Actively monitor Contractors within your management responsibility.
- Ensure Risk Assessments are carried out at all stages of a project.
- Ensure that all statutory records, certificates, licenses, notifications and notices are in place.
- Conduct site safety inspections and complete associated paperwork.
- Ensure that accidents and near misses and suitably reported, recorded and investigated and that remedial action is carried out promptly.
- Report any concerns regarding SHEQ to the SHEQ Director
What you'll need to succeed
You hold an ONC in electrical / gas engineering or relevant qualification (or demonstrable level of achievement through experience) and a Qualification in Project Management (or demonstrable level of achievement through experience). You have a background of Project Management within the construction industry and sound project management skills and methodology. You good people management skills will be essential. You are computer literate - skilled in use of Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Project. Sound knowledge of H&S and its practical implications and knowledge of CDM regulations will be key to your success in this job.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package. Your career will be enhanced by the experience you gain within this role and further opportunities within the company will open up for you quickly. Your expertise and skills will be highly valued and you will be able to work autonomously, making key decisions for the good of your team and the company as a whole.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Project Manager - Construction/Utilities
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly