Principle Civil Engineer
Civil Engineer job in Stafford. Competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Your new company
This organisation provide design and other support services to customers across the whole of the country. They are looking to support the Structures Team with the addition of a Civil Engineer.
Your new role
You will become involved in all aspects of structures management, upgrade, replacement and maintenance. You will be a leading member of the structures team; delivering maintenance and improvement schemes to ensure all structures remain in use and fit for purpose and providing technical support and direction to other team members. Your main duties will include:
- Provide expert technical advice to customers and third-party projects
- Lead on individual schemes and programmes of work, to include refurbishment of heritage structures, bridge replacement, strengthening and modification
- Support the delivery of dam management and maintenance
- Support other teams in the delivery of new highway infrastructure, for example major projects and development
- Undertake structural design/checking to Eurocodes associated with a diverse range of highway structures
- Undertake assessment/checking for load capacity, scour and vehicle incursion
- Prepare financial estimates, feasibility studies, contract documents, bids and scheme budget reporting
- Support the Structures Manager and other team members to ensure compliance with all technical and safety standards
- Identify safe, efficient and practical structural maintenance and improvement solutions
- Work with contract partners to deliver risk-based prioritised maintenance, upgrade and replacement schemes, safely, to cost and programme
- Work with other highway operational teams and 3rd parties to coordinate the efficient delivery of structures maintenance, whilst demonstrating least disruption to highway users.
- Do site visits and inspections to define maintenance requirements and undertake compliance checking
- Liaise with both internal and external customers/stakeholders to advise on any aspect of structural maintenance and management
What you'll need to succeed
You are a motivated Highway Structures Engineer with demonstrable experience of DMRB and other standards, experience in structures management and maintenance, accompanied with a practical and progressive attitude to safety and scheme delivery. You have a Bachelors or Masters degree in an appropriate subject and you are Chartered, held with an appropriate professional body - specifically CEng MICE or CEng MIStructE. You are capable of acting as an engineering lead and you can demonstrate developed experience and expertise within the relevant technical field, probably gained in a Senior/Principal/Associate Engineer role or equivalent. You are able to demonstrate an ability to produce or oversee the production of technically sound engineering solutions, complying with all relevant technical standards and client requirements.
What you'll get in return
You'll be offered a competitive salary and an exceptional development and progression plan. There is also an extensive benefits package including Contributory Pension Scheme, 24 days holiday + Bank Holidays, additional Leave Purchase Scheme, healthcare, dental and childcare vouchers. You'll work with high profile infrastructure organisations, giving you the unique opportunity to bring ground-breaking work to life. Your solutions will have impact, making a genuine difference to people's lives. You'll work in a growing team that is inclusive, open-minded and where your professional development can thrive.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Principle Civil Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly