dRMM is a RIBA Stirling-prize winning, design-led studio based in London and Berlin. dRMM’s talented and resourceful team work on a range of exciting, innovative projects in the UK and overseas. Our thriving studio is made up of like-minded people who work in the belief that architecture should be – above all – socially useful and responsible. Our studio culture is one of openness and warmth and we welcome people of all backgrounds. dRMM is an equal opportunities employer and we actively encourage applications from underrepresented groups.
We are looking for a motivated and disciplined BIM Technician to join our team in London to work within larger project teams with defined responsibilities. You will be expected to work alongside the BIM Champions within the studio to support the deployment of digital working processes associated with live project work; research and develop BIM solutions; facilitate the generation of drawings and schedules, reports, and visualisations from BIM models.
You will have excellent English communication skills, be well-organised and have a proven track record of working both independently and as part of a team. You will demonstrate a good ability to learn and adapt from project to project and work well independently.
Fluency in Revit and AutoCAD is a minimum requirement; knowledge of Dynamo, Navisworks, Rhino, and Enscape rendering software is advantageous.
- Prepare and maintain BIM models across multiple projects
- Set up project models
- Assist project teams in developing geometry, data and provide BIM solutions when necessary
- Modelling of complex geometries in Revit or for BIM outputs
- Testing supplementary BIM software, to augment BIM outputs
- Preparing presentation materials, visuals and walkthroughs from BIM models
- Maintain office BIM libraries, for material and families etc.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD is essential and will be assessed in the interview process
- Ability to produce well resolved and appropriate BIM Models
- Ability to work under own initiative, be self-motivated and able to take responsibility
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work independently and as part of an effective team
- Ability to communicate to a team
- Flexibility and versatility including working on a variety of projects in parallel
- Ability to take initiative in response to direction or instruction
Salary: Salary band 3 (£28k - £34k) dependent on experience and compliance with dRMM salary banding.
Working pattern: this position is envisioned as a full-time role.
To apply please submit your CV, portfolio and a short cover letter detailing your suitability for the role and notice period (if applicable). Applications should be sent by email to jobs@dRMM.co.uk (max file size 5MB) for the attention of HR, quoting ref: BIMTech_2108 in the subject title. Please do not send hardcopy applications.
Please note we are only able to respond to successful applicants and will not discuss submissions over the telephone.
Application deadline: Monday, 6th September 2021.
We actively encourage applications from people with BAME backgrounds, disabilities, and those who identify as LGBQTIA+