Your new company
My client is a world-class independent property and construction consultancy with over 130 years' experience. Their vision is to create a business that attracts the very best clients, projects and people in the industry.
They are a global consultancy, with 73 offices in 20 countries over 6 continents. Each and every one of those offices is staffed by local people with very specific experience and expertise.
As an independent multi-disciplined consultancy, they provide solutions for every stage of the construction and property lifecycle.
Your new role
The role will be to become part of the team delivering the Technical Advisor role for the Department for Education, although there may be a requirement to work on other projects as workload dictates.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Supporting Business Unit Directors in delivering business objectives
* Positively engaging with customers and developing, growing and maintaining customer relationships
* Delivering high quality services and deliverables ensuring that services meet our Customer's requirements.
* Managing projects and/or programmes to deliver high quality services and deliverables in accordance with the business procedures
* Administering contracts as a contract administrator, employer's agent or project manager.
* Producing and presenting to customers
* Identifying new business development opportunities and driving growth across the business units activities
* Managing service delivery for profit.
What you'll need to succeed
* Must be professionally qualified (MRICS, MAPM, MCIOB, RIBA, MICE etc)
* Must have education experience, preferably directly for the DfE (as client)
* Whilst the role is akin to a PM role, Building Surveyors and QSs with the right capability can fulfil the role
* Preferably at PM/SPM/Exec PM level
Successful candidates will be expected to work as part of a team but also lead individual projects, managing a team of consultants, administering contraction contracts and holding regular meetings with the Client. While a number of meetings are held virtually there will be a requirement to travel for meetings and site visits.
Experience, Knowledge and Key Skills
* Sound project management and/or programme management experience post qualification.
* Sound knowledge and practiced experience of project management techniques
* Ability to administer construction contracts as Contract Administrator, Employer's Agent and/or Project Manager
* Clear understanding of legislation impacting on building contracts.
* Excellent communication skills - both oral and written.
* Methodical way of thinking and approach to work.
* Ability to absorb complex information and assess requirements readily.
* Excellent problem solving, negotiating, financial and numeracy skills
* Sound ICT skills, with a high proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
* Ability to work as part of a team.
What you'll get in return
* Opportunities to develop and grow your career
* A contributory pension scheme
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Our Global Travel Scholarship Programme
* Flexible working arrangements
Competitive salary plus benefits!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.