Salary from £35,865 to £39,924 pa (depending on skills and experience)
Plus lease car or cash alternative of £3,050 pa
Ashford in the heart of Kent is a diverse and vibrant borough of growing towns and rural communities. We are a council that is actively investing in infrastructure and housing as well as preserving and enhancing the borough’s unique landscape and environment.
If you are from a Design, Engineering or Surveying background then this job could be for you!
Primarily you will initiate and manage the identification of future priority regeneration and new build development sites and leading work to bring forward those sites for development (including coordinating legal. Design, financial and site development work).
In addition you will be responsible for preparing and submitting Planning and Building Control applications. Designs which adhere to lifetime homes standards and those of the funding organisation involved along with:
- Preparing specifications tender documents.
- Preparing other contract information for the procurement of development and refurbishment projects.
- Carrying ourt negotiation and evaluation of tenders through to formal appointment.
- Prepare and submit Planning and Building Control applications.
In order to be competent in this role you will have had experience in a Contract administration/client role or Employers agent experience from new build and refurbishment projects or have had a background in Design, Engineering or Surveying along with:
- Experience in preparation of Building Control and Planning applications.
- Good project management skills, some knowledge of BIM.
- Good knowledge of Health & Safety legislation and CDM Regulations
We offer agile working and generous holiday entitlement.
For an informal discussion regarding this role please contact Giles Holloway Development & Regeneration Manager, on 01233 330427
To view a job description and to apply please visit the jobs page of our website at www.ashford.gov.uk/jobs and complete an application form
Ashford Borough Council recognises the need to ensure the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults when they come into contact with the services we provide
We welcome applications from the Armed Forces Community