Our client is an independent membership organisation with an interest in London’s built environment. Their purpose is to improve the quality of people’s lives by making London a better place to live, work and visit.
As the Head of Programming, your role will be to lead on the conception and delivery of their programme ensuring alignment and integration across the business, meeting the needs of our audiences and stakeholders. The Head of Programming will manage the programme team, systems and processes to ensure a high-quality programme is delivered, to KPIs and budget, meeting the needs of the membership and delivering on the overall ambitions of the organisation.
- Lead on the development and implementation of the 3-5 year Plan for the Programme, including the commercial, content and communications strategies
- Oversee all content and communications relating to the organisations Programme to ensure high-quality outputs which meet the needs of the network and expand audience reach
- Lead curatorial and strategic meetings to uphold the quality of the programme and ensure a balanced approach to programming across all outputs
- Lead on the planning and delegation of all programmed outputs across the team
- Lead on the planning and delivery of our annual awards programme and our annual conference
- Manage the P&L reforecasting each month to deliver gross margin performance
- Set out yearly / quarterly / weekly programme schedule, setting a balanced schedule, ensuring delivery against plan, and reporting progress in line with the budget, aims and ambitions.
- Leading weekly programme meetings and meetings with the Client relationship team.
- Lead on all overarching internal and external programme documentation, ensuring all stakeholders have clear visibility on all activities
- Collaborate with Directors and Management Team, and Programme Managers to achieve the vision and goals in line with our values
- Promote cohesion and collaboration across the Content & Communications Team
- Lead and support direct line reports to achieve their business goals and personal development objectives
- Ensure direct line reports are effectively supporting their own teams to achieve their business goals and personal development objectives
- Act as media spokesperson and public advocate as well as be speaker on panels, chair of events
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable expertise in the Built Environment Industry
- At least 5 years programming experience in a busy environment and in a related field
- Clear and effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrate strong management skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft packages including Word, Excel and Outlook
- A flexible approach in terms of work, changes and participation
- Strong team player with the ability to take initiative; a self?starter
- Willingness to learn
- Experience of public speaking
- Experience working alongside high-level stakeholders
- Previous experience using accountancy software, preferably Xero
- job ref: HP 54035