Senior to Principle Level Architects - Bristol or Cardiff
An award-winning and market-leading global design, engineering and project management consultancy have exciting opportunities for talented and enthusiastic Chartered Senior Landscape Architects based in either Bristol or Cardiff.
They are looking for talented and enthusiastic Senior Landscape Architects to join their expanding Architecture, Masterplanning and Landscape teams. The roles offer a wide variety of experience and provide an excellent opportunity for career progression. They are looking for people with a design flair and good written capabilities to support project delivery from feasibility through to construction. You will have a proactive can-do attitude and demonstrate an innovative approach, high-quality presentation and communication skills, and confidence in undertaking site surveys and writing technical reports.
You will need to demonstrate the following capabilities and experience:
- Taking responsibility for project workload within a team
- Working within a multidisciplinary environment
- Landscape Design, supporting projects from feasibility through to detail design
- An understanding of the principles of SuDS
- Ability to support contract documentation and site supervision;
- LVIA in accordance with the latest best practice guidance, planning process and EIA
- Technical knowledge, high-quality presentation and communication skills
- Familiarity with working in a quality assurance environment
- Understanding of and demonstrable experience in BIM
- Design input to a range of projects, including schools, rail, road, flood infrastructure, public realm and urban regeneration.
- Preparation of Landscape and Visual Impact Assessments
- Preparation of tender responses
- Provision of landscape advice to external and internal clients
- An understanding of project management, including the financial management of projects
- Resource allocation in liaison with the landscape senior leadership team
- Mentoring of junior staff
- A relevant landscape degree
- Chartered membership of the Landscape Institute
- Relevant minimum 3 years post chartership experience in a Landscape role, ideally in both the public and private sectors
- Experience in the management and delivery of multi-disciplinary projects, particularly in the sectors of schools, transport, flood infrastructure and urban regeneration
- Excellent project management skills for multi-disciplinary projects
- Experience and knowledge of Landscape and Visual Impact Assessment to varying methodologies i.e. GLVIA 3, DMRB
- Proven ability to manage budgets
- Consultancy experience is an advantage, as is a need to demonstrate commercial expertise
- Competent in AutoCAD and Adobe software packages with a passion to explore the use of Revit, Sketch Up and Enscape used as a design tool and for presentational outputs.
- Experience and an understanding of BIM.
- Communication through hand drawing invaluable.
The successful applicant must be flexible and self-motivated and be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Good communication skills, with ability to draft reports to a high standard
- Ability to work under pressure, and have proven success in meeting tight deadlines
- Confident team worker, but able to work with limited supervision
- Commercial awareness and business development skills
In return, they offer the opportunity to develop, learn and work with a diverse team of specialists across different region on award-winning high-profile projects with a competitive salary and benefits package. There are training opportunities, and career development support that includes technical, project and business management skills with one of the UK's leading design consultancies.
Apply today or call Sarah on 0118 907 0328.