Design Manager, Permanent Position, Commercial and mixed-used developments, Bedfordshire, senior job
Your new company
My client is one of the largest family owned construction, property services and development companies in the United Kingdom.
They have a proven track record in all of their core markets: commercial and mixed use developments, education and student accommodation, heritage, local authority frameworks, inner-city residential, senior living, industrial and research, with an additional interest in sustainability.
Your new role
My client has an opportunity to join their Construction team in our Southern Home Counties division and be responsible for the functional leadership and management of design management resource on a major project or a smaller cluster of projects within the region or product stream, from pre-qualification to completion.
Key Accountabilities will include:
· Manage the production of the Contractors Proposals, ensuring they are complete and unambiguous
· Produce and negotiate the project specific designer agreements scope of works and the design management plan, ensuring they are agreed and fully understood by all parties
· Ensure the design has been reviewed on all projects with respect to mitigating Health and Safety issues prior to construction and ensure that hazards are noted on all drawings at each stage of their production
· With all relevant parties, produce and manage a realistic design programme and information required schedule to satisfy design, procurement and construction requirements.
· Provide input into the design team PDR's
· Support the implementation of continuous improvement programmes and innovation
What you'll need to succeed
We are looking for a qualified Design Manager who has managed teams within the education sector, has a strong commitment to adherence of HSE legislation, and the ability to demonstrate knowledge of planning techniques, procurement and management systems, risk management, life cycle cost and value creation Alongside this you will be an effective communicator with a positive, passionate and engaging approach when supporting and educating the business.
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary at a senior level, negotiable.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.