A well-established and award-winning practice in Clerkenwell is looking for an experienced project or senior level architect with education sector experience. You will be overseeing the design team and client liaison for a significant further education masterplan in the UK. The project includes a library and sports pavilion. You will also have the opportunity to work across other projects including commercial retrofit and housing schemes. The practice has a strong UK presence with several offices across the country, this supportive and forward-thinking studio has national recognition for a wide variety of quality schemes.
- Leading a team, overseeing and reviewing design
- Managing the direction of work stage deliverables, predominantly on a large education masterplan.
- Liaising with high-profile clients as lead consultant, leading the briefing process and developed design to successful planning.
- Preparing and managing detailed and technical drawings as well as specifications.
- Supervising works on site, liaising with contractor and sub consultants.
Skills and Experience
- Part III-qualified architect with significant large scale project experience in the UK
- Experience working on further education projects and commercial workplace fitout essential
- High-volume housing desirable.
- Demonstrable client-facing experience with the ability to forge strong relationships.
- Self motivated with the design to inspire success in others.
- Proficiency in Revit, SketchUp, Navisworks and Adobe Suite software packages.
- Job ref 54207
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced architect to be supported through continued career progression as part of a prestigious design studio.