A Senior Planner is required to support our Company Directors and Senior Town Planners in a variety of planning roles. You will be responsible for working within a multi-disciplinary team within this family-run Architectural, Planning and Design Practice serving our well established client base throughout Southern England. The role involves delivering a wide range of planning services, primarily relating to householder and residential developments in a variety of settings and environments.
Main duties and responsibilities of the post holder will include:
- Conducting the planning services of on a day to day basis under the direction of the Company Directors and Senior Town Planners.
- Offering support to the Company Directors and Senior Town Planners in the identification, development and pursuit of new business and marketing opportunities.
- Assisting the Company in the provision of planning advice to clients.
- Assisting the Company in the research and preparation of planning applications and supporting documents, including site visits and pre-application enquiries.
- Assisting the Company in Development Management responsibilities, including attendance at committee meetings.
- Assisting the Company in the carrying out of post-decision responsibilities.
- Assisting the Company in the provision of planning enforcement services.
- Assisting the Company in the research and preparation of planning appeals, supporting documents and attendance at Hearing or Inquiry.
- Assisting the Company in the promotion of future planning opportunities and making representations in response to emerging Local Plans.
It is envisaged the post holder will have:
- An undergraduate degree in Town Planning or a related subject, and
- A postgraduate Masters in Town & Country Planning/Planning Studies.
The post holder will be a member of the Royal Town Planning Institute, or to demonstrate an aspiration to continue their professional development and become a corporate member of the Royal Town Planning Institute.
The post holder will have:
- At least 1-2 years' post graduate relevant post qualification experience, ideally within a Local Planning Authority Development Management team.
- A good understanding of the fundamentals of Development Management and the wider spatial planning process.
- A desire to expand their knowledge of planning law, policy and procedures, including the changing planning system at national, regional and local levels.
- Experience in the management or submission of planning applications and provision of advice to potential applicants and landowners.
- Demonstrate good project management skills and coordination working as part of a team.
- Possess the confidence to liaise with and advise clients, as well as speaking passionately about projects to communities.
- Capability to work alongside a range of technical specialists providing input into planning functions.
The post holder must be flexible and self-motivated and be expected to demonstrate the following:
- Good communication and IT skills, with ability to draft reports to a high standard.
- Ability to work under pressure, and have proven success in meeting tight deadlines.
- Confident team worker, but able to work with limited supervision.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities as are specified and are commensurate with the level of the post.
- This job description only contains the principal accountabilities relating to this post, and does not describe in detail all the duties required to carry them out.
- To ensure his/her personal health, safety and welfare in accordance with legislation.
- The post holder must possess a current full UK driving licence.
- Ensure that any identified personal training needs are discussed with the Planning Manager as part of the CPD process.
Interested? Please apply now or call Sarah on 0118 907 0328.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.