Jones Lambell LLP are seeking to recruit a talented and enthusiastic project architect to take a leading role in the design and detailing of new projects within the studio. The successful applicant will have a minimum of 5 years post-RIBA stage 3 experience, with proven experience of taking projects from inception through to completion, and knowledge of the high-end residential sector. They will be responsible for leading other members within the team so should be a natural team leader and have the ability to ensure strict deadlines are met, to a high standard. Proficiency in Autocad is essential
Jones Lambell LLP has been built on a reputation for excellence in design and the technical expertise brought to each project. Working mainly in the high-end residential sector, we work closely with our clients - striving always to exceed their expectations.
On offer is a competitive salary, and the chance to work in a small but stable studio, with the opportunity to develop and grow.
- Preparation of planning, tender & construction information including drawings, schedules, and specifications
- Full coordination of detail design information with third-party consultants and sub-contractors
- Preparation and submission of planning applications
- Coordinate with main contractor, sub-contractors and suppliers during the construction phase to resolve on-site issues
- Reviewing and coordinating specialist sub-contractor packages
- Manage the project team to work to the design programme and ensure this is adjusted accordingly if warranted
- Contract administration
Skills & Qualities:
- ARB registered
- 5+ years' experience post Part III qualification
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in RIBA stage 3 onwards.
- Thorough understanding of UK building regulations and the planning process
- Extensive experience in high-end residential design
- Proven experience running jobs start to finish and the ability to manage a team
- Immediately available to work in the UK (from our South-West London, office 5 days per week)
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in MS office
- Excellent design and/ or technical abilities
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Sketchup and Adobe InDesign
- Commercial awareness and understanding of project management
- NBS specification writing experience would be advantageous
- Ability to successfully manage own time and to work across multiple projects at any given time
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written as you will be responsible for dealing with the demands of key clients
- Confidence while working with other members of the design team, and directly with the client
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressured deadlines if/when called upon
Alongside a generous remuneration package, our friendly practice can offer training, ongoing CPD and social events as well as the opportunity to work on fantastic projects.