Senior Engineering Technician job in Newark - civil and structural engineering experience.
Your new company
A multi-disciplinary consultancy who define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. With expertise across a broad range of project types and scales, they guide projects as they move from initiation and scoping, to design and delivery. The organisation offers integrated planning, design, technical and project management services to support developers to invest with confidence, streamline approvals and deliver projects that respect and enhance local communities.
Your new role
You will join a busy and vibrant team with agile working, producing design models/drawings/design analysis in accordance with project requirements. Working across various projects, your main duties will include:
- Working closely with your Line Manager to assist in the technical delivery of projects
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with external project team members as appropriate.
- Attending project / client meetings and assisting with site inspections and surveys as required.
- Using own initiative and demonstrating independent working ability when required.
- Conducting activities and producing outputs in line with relevant legislation and industry standards.
- Completing designs, applying sound technical knowledge relevant to the role.
- Assist in managing drawings production and checking CAD/ Revit design work completed by junior colleagues.
- Assist in reviewing of consultants' and contractors' design proposals relevant to role.
- Mentoring junior staff, providing advice and guidance to share technical expertise as appropriate.
- Carrying out work activities which support the Integrated Management System.
What you'll need to succeed
This role has excellent prospects for you if you are looking to build and develop your team leadership skills and advance your career. You have a minimum NVQ Level 4 (or equivalent) in your area / discipline of work and a minimum 4 years experience in the design associated with commercial and industrial development projects. You have advanced capability in the use of 3D Civils and Microdrainage design software and ability in the use of Autocad. You can demonstrate line management and team working capability as well as Project Management knowledge. You must be licensed to drive and have a willingness to travel as required.
What you'll get in return
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: Excellent holiday + bank holidays, option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD. The company will provide you with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. They support their people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Their network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.