Your new company
You will be a part of a local authority who cares passionately about their town and are committed to making a real difference to the lives of all their residents now, and into the future. Their approach is driven by their values. These guide and inform everything they do; delivering their services, working with their partners, and ensuring the Council is an inspiring place for staff to work.
Your new role
Manage the compliance team and develop individual's skills by providing expert advice on risk management, along with developing and embedding consistent, effective, and integrated risk management processes, particularly housing and health and safety regulations, across all areas of compliance.
Support the development and implementation of the risk improvement plan. Manage programmes to address gaps in current performance, providing regular updates to management to demonstrate robust and effective compliance controls.
Oversee contract management procedures and projects performed by the compliance team. Assist with coordinating aspects of the project to meet targets from reviewing and approving contract terms to coordinating deadlines, approving budgets and more.
To lead on the central monitoring of compliance against key performance indicators, including HSE improvement notices and recommendations from external reviews.
Work in partnership with contractors and other departments within the council to ensure procedures are in place associated with all legal and other obligations including fire safety, building, structures, building accessibility and mechanical and electrical building engineering services.
Have experience of working in a housing compliance environment and a detailed understanding of regulations associated with managing Mechanical & Electrical Services, Lifts, Asbestos, Legionella, Fire Safety and other building compliance requirements which may arise.
Provide accurate data analysis support within the team, ensuring relevant systems are updated, and provide support with capturing contractor's data and ongoing performance monitoring.
What you'll need to succeed
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent programme/project management skills and commercial awareness.
- Professional qualification e.g. CIOB, RICS or equivalent, educated to degree level in a related subject or can demonstrate equivalent relevant experience.
- Excellent organisational skills to deal with a diverse workload with tight deadlines and to oversee the workload of the team.
- NBOSH or equivalent in a relevant discipline i.e. Fire Safety, Asbestos etc… Statutory compliance across all property types including: Gas Safety, Electrical Safety, Fire Safety, Legionella Management and Asbestos Management.
- Commercial acumen, with the ability to identify income streams and cost savings
- Proven experience of team management where targets are exceeded and effective, efficient services delivered.
- Experience of procuring, managing and delivering projects, with a value in excess of £5m, including devolved budgets.
- Experience in communicating at all levels using a variety of methods - written, verbal and presentation.
- Development of strategies, policies and procedures in a local June 2017 government context.
- Proven experience of managing compliance in a local government environment. Contract dispute and resolution including various forms of contract.
What you'll get in return
£25 per hour (37 hours Monday to Friday)
Opportunities of remote-working
Temporary 3 months with possibility of extension
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.