This British architecture stalwart is looking for a driven and experienced HR Director with a good understanding of the Design and Build industry to lead a talented team in its trendy central London studio. This practice is very well established and has been producing some of the UK’s most noteworthy schemes, across a multitude of sectors, for many decades.
Currently, this practice is very busy and growing rapidly - with multiple office locations spread across England and a talented contingent of over 300 people delivering unmatched cross-sector expertise, there’s not been a better time to join a studio of this calibre.
The successful candidate will be reporting to the principals to advise on HR strategies and policies whilst providing generalist HR function to the company. As a senior member of this revered practice, you will be responsible for a number of key functions as follows:
- Advise Senior Management on HR strategies, policies and practices
- Provide advice on all employee relations matters and solutions in line with employment legislation and business objectives
- Keep up to date and put forward HR initiatives to support Diversity and Inclusion agenda
- Line management and development of HR team
- Attend monthly Operations meetings and report on key Management Information
- Plan and facilitate new HR policy and procedure in line with legislation
- Advise on employment staff PIPs
- Advise on, roll out and communicate HR projects according to employment legislation
- Advise on handling disciplinary, performance management and grievance matters
- Advise and find solutions on dismissal in line with legislation to meet company requirement
- Plan and facilitate the annual programme of staff reviews and put forward development programmes to meet training needs
- Oversee and provide guidance to recruitment process and resourcing of staff internally
This unique role is perfectly suited to an individual who has previously worked within an architecture or interior design practice and is highly organised, proactive and boasts excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills. In addition, you must meet the following requirements:
- CIPD qualified
- Demonstrable track record of HR management experience within an organisation of 300 or more staff
- Strong project management skills
- A good understanding of current employment legislation and HR compliance
- Experience of managing and developing a team
- Policy writing skills
This practice has a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere with an active social committee in order to foster an inclusive working environment and encourage a healthy work/life balance.
If you feel as though you’d be the perfect fit and are ready to spearhead the HR strategy as a key figure in this illustrious company, then please get in touch ASAP for a detailed job description.