A multi-disciplinary developer (start-up) has secured significant investment and is now set to grow its in-house team of creatives, starting with the appointment of a Senior Architect (or Masterplanner).
The business will utilise state-of-the-art technologies and building materials, working with local authorities all over the UK, to create inclusive community developments that aim to be carbon neutral with cutting-edge green infrastructure.
This is an amazing opportunity to be a part of something ground-breaking and lifechanging. You will join a firm that is 110% committed to advancing the development of sustainable construction. Our client has built up a network of specialists (including eco + green builders) to pursue the ambitious projects which are already well underway, with two major sites now secured.
Not only are they concerned with tackling the housing + climate crisis, but our client is also playing its part in creating new + green jobs within the construction industry itself. Helping to re-enfranchise an increasingly environmentally conscious youth and encouraging them to enter the construction sector.
Interested? Well, here is what you will be doing....
The successful candidate will join the in-house design team in order take on the task of designing and delivering timber framed housing developments of between 300 - 1200 units. Whilst getting 'stuck in' working with both the internal and external design specialists, you will also play a key part in running workshops with locals + eco-builders and doing your bit by spreading the company message to local authorities, smaller developers and investors. This will require weekly travel with regular overnight stays in locations all over the UK (fully expensed by the business). You will play an integral part in all projects from inception to completion.
What do they need from you?
- Masterplanning experience is highly desirable
- Ability to take multi-unit residential projects from inception to completion (RIBA Stages 0-4 minimum)
- A strong design flair
- Portfolio of top tier multi-unit residential projects, ideally including award winning schemes
- A hands-on approach to design, with the proven ability to work collaboratively with other disciplines and specialists throughout all stages
- Access to means of transport with the ability to travel across the UK (weekly), this will include overnight stays
- A flexible and collaborative approach to working; including supporting the other team members and divisions (areas such as graphics and communications etc)
- RIBA or ARB Accreditation
In return for your services, you will receive a competitive salary + benefits along with a truly supportive working environment that promotes cross-disciplinary learning and development.
This is your opportunity to move client side, with an environmentally conscious developer that is committed to building homes sustainably, with building a greener future for us all as its key tenet.