Maintenance Surveyor | £Competitive salary | East Kent
East Kent Full-time
Immediate interviews available
Maintenance Surveyor needed in East Kent.
Are you qualified Maintenance Surveyor looking for a new challenge? Do you have a strong Maintenance Surveyor background working in or with the public sector? Are you looking for a temporary or permanent Maintenance Surveyor role with a reputable organisation? If so, I want to hear from you.
- Flexible working.
- Remote working unless needed on site for meetings.
- Work for a well-established organisation.
- Competitive salary/rate dependent on experience.
- Work with a team of friendly and experienced professionals.
- Great company culture.
- Potential permanent opportunity for the right person.
- Additional CPD support.
Your new company
Hays Property and Surveying Kent are working with a local authority to find an excellent Maintenance Surveyor with recent experience in a similar setting.
Your new Maintenance Surveyor job role
A new job opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Surveyor to join our client and work with a portfolio of properties across East Kent. You will join the maintenance team to deliver, inspections, stock surveys, day to day repairs and maintenance surveying, including planned and reactive works across their portfolio.
What you'll need to succeed
- Carry out property inspections reporting on condition, specifying and costing works, ordering as required and post inspection of completed works.
- Diagnose maintenance issues and building defects.
- Monitor the performance of contractors.
- Take ownership for repairs.
- Ensuring works are completed in with target timescales and keeping residents updated on progress.
- You should have a good understanding of building regulations and working knowledge of housing legislation.
- You should have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- UK driving licence with own transport to commute to properties across East Kent is desirable.
- In return you can expect to work for a forward-thinking organisation and be rewarded with a competitive market rate with benefits and potential extensions attached.
Please note that our clients are seeking to carry out first stage video interviews for these positions with a view to remote onboarding for the successful candidate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this Maintenance Surveyor role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call our Property and Surveying specialist Andrew Irvine now on 01622 235 684. If this Surveyor job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.