Summary of Core Purpose:
To deliver planned maintenance projects and major repair and improvement projects, and support the Assets department on a reactive basis when the need arises.
- Work with colleagues to procure contractors and consultants in accordance with organisations rules.
- Prepare specifications and contract documents for individual projects and programmes
- Ensure that all statutory requirements are met, including Construction Design & Management regulations are met, and that Building Control and planning requirements are met when applicable
- Ensure that contracts are signed, and that statutory requirements are met, before work commences
- Provide cost and project information on a timely basis to allow s20 requirements to be met in schemes with leaseholders
- Manage contracts, including issuing orders, chairing progress meetings, authorising payments, and managing any delays to the programme that may occur
- Produce progress reports when required and exercise overall control of the project / programme costs within its approved budget
- Ensure that customer feedback is obtained and acted upon
- Contribute to the wider Assets team in devising specifications, standards and in selecting building products
- Contribute to the wider Assets team in developing budgets and future planned projects
- Comply with policies and procedures at all times
It is envisaged that most of the work will be planned. However some tasks will arise without notice, including:
- Unforeseen building damage requiring major repairs
- Works related to insurance claims, latent defects, resident alterations
- Surveying properties that are to be disposed of
- If exceptional circumstances arise in which additional support is needed within the Assets team.
Role Description Relationships:
- No direct supervisory responsibility.
- Deal with a variety of external and internal stakeholders including contractors, consultants, Building Control and Environmental Heath officers, residents, colleagues in housing management, and other Assets team members.
* Ensuring that contracts terms offer value for money and are at market rates
* Authorising payments to contractors that are in accordance with contractual terms
* Identifying opportunities for cost savings and managing the cost of each project within its budget
- HNC/HND in Building Surveying, CIOB or equivalent
- Evidence that understand current safety-related regulations and legislation
- Writing specifications and contract documents
- Alternative contract pricing methods and their application to specific situations
- Leading the management of a contract and completion of a building or repair project
- Managing a project within a budget
- Residential repair or improvement projects
- Procuring contractors and consultants
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Good technical understanding and awareness of residential structures and common building defects
- Adequate understanding of the law relating to land, property, and construction contracts
- Ability to respond to, evaluate and solve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to effectively manage personal priorities and calendar to meet targets
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of people, and produce clear reports
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, undertake own administrative tasks, and use company systems
- Knowledge of forms of contract suitable for repair and improvement projects
- Knowledge of building insurance claims
- Current knowledge of party wall legislation and building regulations relating to housing
- Valid driving licence
- Basic DBS
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.