Project Manager, Central London Assets, City of London, c.£46,150
Your new company
Hays Property & Surveying are delighted once again to be partnering with an established professional practice professional practice who provide themselves on clear and concise strategies offering exemplary services. They work on a variety of significant projects, constantly revolutionising London's built environment with vibrant developments.
Your new role
This is an exciting opportunity for someone with either a project management degree construction related discipline/ working towards a chartered professional status or relevant work experience associated with working at an equivalent level of knowledge and expertise to execute and successfully deliver of construction projects with the assistance of the Senior Principal Project Manager and / or Head of Corporate/Investment Property Projects within a planned / prescribed timescale and to an agreed budget. Furthermore, to assist in the development of Project Management as an essential divisional, departmental and corporate skill set. The role will involve the following.
- To assist in the preparation of reports, to Corporation Committees and External Bodies (Public Meetings, Trust Boards, Major Building Occupiers, etc) concerning project strategy, programmes, budgets and outputs.
- Manage the design, budgets and construction processes for all assigned construction projects.
- Advise on the appointment of consultants and contractors to achieve the best outcomes for the City Corporation
- To be conversant with different procurement methods and advise appropriately to achieve the best outcomes for the City Corporation.
- Job Description
- Job Title / Department / Trent No / Date
- Resolve design / technical problems to provide safe, cost efficient solutions to achieve the best outcomes for the City Corporation.
- To be fully conversant with, and undertake all work in accordance with:
- Corporation's Standing Orders,
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations,
- Financial Regulations
- Health & Safety and Departmental Manuals.
- And work in accordance with best practice as outlined by the Association for Project Management and other external bodies, e.g. RICS, RIBA.
- Assist in the development of post contract control mechanisms to ensure timely project delivery. Initiate incentivisation packages and acceleration measures and report to Committee for approval.
- Meet agreed individual and group targets identified through the corporate appraisal system.
- Perform other appropriate duties as requested by the Principal Project Manager and Head of Corporate/Investment Property Projects
What you'll need to succeed
Relevant experience is required, otherwise the application will not be considered. We are looking to speak with experienced and enthusiastic project managers who have the desire to work within a thriving environment and take ownership for their own actions and seeing projects through to the end.
What you'll get in return
The successful applicant will be offered a competitive salary depending on experience between £40,750 - £46,150 + significant pension fund contribution.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.