White Space is excited to be working on another client-side role so please take a look!!
About the company
They are a fast-growing property investment company that acquires, refurbishes, lets, and manages stylish student housing across the whole of the UK. They have amassed a portfolio consisting of over 900 properties in the key University cities and is now looking to grow year on year.
About the role
The successful applicant will oversee the design and renovation of multiple UK based properties throughout the year to meet the high standards already set in place by this organisation and manage the contractors in the execution of works while ensuring they are completed on time and on budget. This is a thoroughly exciting opportunity for a high caliber individual with a design background looking to move into a client-side role with significant project management responsibility. The role will directly report into the Head of Acquisitions & Development.
Key responsibilities include
- Continual development of the brand design and specification
- The design of property layouts in order to optimise space and ensure compliance with amenity standards
- Specification of works, based on an understanding of the properties gained from site visits and pre-acquisition surveys and studies
- Understand the HMO amenity standards and statutory compliance requirements to ensure all completed properties adhere with all relevant regulations
- Establish relationships with new and existing contractors
- Attend weekly site meetings at sites across the UK
- Report on project progress
- Work with contractors to identify opportunities to accelerate works if projects fall behind the program
- Quality control of all works
- Ensure the smooth handover of completed projects to the inhouse property management team
Experience and skills required
- Experience of working full time in an architecture, design or project management role
- Possess an architecture qualification
- Able to use CAD software
- Strong budget management credentials and accountability
- Proven communication and reporting skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Good leadership and people management skills
- Full UK driving license desirable
Remuneration and benefits package
- Job title - Development Manager
- Salary range - £35 - 50,000 per annum (DOE)
- Generous discretionary bonus scheme on offer
- Hours - 9.00am - 6.00pm (Mon - Fri)
- Location - London based with regular travel throughout the UK as required
- Company iPhone, iPad and laptop provided
For the full job description and further information on this rather exciting client-side role please get in touch ASAP!