An up-and-coming design studio of twenty-five people is looking for a talented architect to join their team. They have a stunning portfolio of cool and contemporary projects and a hugely exciting pipeline of work including a five-star hotel, unique commercial spaces, cutting-edge restaurants and a contemporary residential project. You should have experience of working on mid-scale residential projects at all stages. This practice believes in fostering relationships, both internally and externally, and giving ambitious designers the opportunity to achieve their goals. As well as amazing projects, this studio offers a unique sense of workplace culture and collaboration in a cool east London warehouse space.
- Work under a senior architect to lead a small team on mixed use and residential-led projects in the UK.
- Liaise with clients and lead design workshops.
- Produce and oversee the early stage and detailed design including concepts, 3D modelling, visuals and planning information.
- Produce and manage the tender and construction drawings.
- Coordinate with consultants and contractors.
- Oversee works on site.
- Be a source of inspiration and support juniors to achieve success.
Skills and Experience
- Fully qualified Part III architect (or equivalent) with considerable experience within the UK residential sector, up to circa 40 units.
- Experience leading a small team.
- Experience of coordination with client and external consultants.
- Experience or interest in interiors would be beneficial.
- Keen design eye and creative flair with a passion for beautifully detailed spaces.
- Excellent technical capabilities with sound knowledge of UK building regulations and standards.
- Humble but ambitious character with the confidence and desire to excel in a managerial role at a growing practice.
- Vectorworks, Rhino & Sketchup ideal.
This is the perfect opportunity for a go-getter who perhaps feels overlooked in a larger practice and is interested in joining a fun and young team during a period of growth.