A recently formed and successful consultancy firm are seeking a Design Manager to join their London team. This organisation will provide the opportunity to work with some of the world's most prestigious architectural practices on high-profile design projects across the globe. For clarity, this is a non-design role, and will suit architects and designers looking to transition in to more of a management role and make use of their design coordination and organisational skills. Additionally, we would be particularly interested to hear from candidates with experience in masterplanning, both in the UK and or Internationally.
- Support architectural practices to deliver a design management service across one or a series of projects.
- Lead in setting up project activities.
- Preparation of documentation and consultancy services supporting architects on design projects and competitions.
- Demonstrate pro-active approach to engaging with the project team(s), following up on information exchanges and monitoring programme tasks independently.
- Oversee and mentor more junior staff members and Design Managers
- Be an ambassador for the organisation.
- Provide a high quality of service and receive positive feedback from the Client.
- Issue documentation with accuracy and in a timely manner that represents the company in a positive light.
Skills and Experience
- An acute attention to detail and passion for exceptional quality in everything you do.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise effectively with design team, clients, consultants and local authorities.
- Well organised with the ambition to grow your career.
- Ability to work as a team and independently.
- Ability to manage workload priorities.
- Strong ability to motivate others.
- A great sense of commercial awareness.
- An excellent sense of strategic thinking and design empathy, with proven examples in your career.
- To be reliable and dependable.
- Ref: SW 54870