Your new company
- Local Council within the north-west region looking for Project Manager to come and implement an new IT project with an Roads authority for the next six months.
Your new role
- The overall aim of the ICT Service is to manage the network, computers and systems that support internal and external Council services. ICT also provide strategic direction for technology development and ICT Project Management. The ICT Service supports over 9000 users of PCs, laptops and Wyse Citrix terminals across the network and remotely.
- The Highways/ICT Project Manager will have experience and expertise in implementing a software system, working with both the supplier and Highways and ICT colleagues to successfully deliver a new asset management system within a prescribed time scale, meeting budgetary targets and ensuring users are fully trained and supported.
- Proven project management skills are a requirement for this role but there is some flexibility regarding the range and depth of Highway and/or ICT technical knowledge. The new asset management system which will now need to be implemented from Jan 2022.
- The Project Manager will need to have some level of understanding of both ICT and Highways processes and be able to deliver the project to time and budget, managing change and risk. The project will involve working with the new supplier and ICT and Highway colleagues on the data transfer, implementation of the system and arranging staff training and support.
- The project manager will also need to work with the incumbent supplier on their exit strategy. Both ICT and Highways role profiles have been included in this submission as a guide to the skills that we are looking for, however, we do not expect any candidate to have all of the technical requirements of both roles. Demonstrating an understanding of both roles should suffice as the generic skills are obviously similar.
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven experience working as a PM
- Experience of delivering projects via third parties.
- To work flexibly as required to meet customer demand and service requirements.
- Software Implementation experience including implementing an asset management system
- Experience of Lift & Shift / system / data relocation
- Public Sector background
What you'll get in return
- £450 Per day
- Working with an well known Local Council
- Inside IR35
- Six month Contract
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.