Structural Engineer job in Derby. Excellent salary and benefits
Your new company
They have been established for over 20 years delivering Structural and Civil Engineering design services to a wide range of clients operating in the commercial, industrial, power, health, transport, leisure and education sectors. They pride themselves on their high standards, attention to detail and Health and Safety aspects of their work. They are committed to providing a personal and flexible service individually tailored to each client's needs ensuring they provide a design and detailing service specific to each project.
Your new role
You will be instrumental in taking the client's design brief and seeing it through from inception to completion.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Design of water retaining structures, flood defence and drainage works, foundations, bunds and retaining walls and all associated ground works
- Design of structural steel work
- Interpretation of client requirements and specifications to deliver compliant design solutions within the agreed time frame, costs and quality standards.
- Carry out conceptual designs, detail designs as well as assessing existing structure condition.
- Lead a team of technical support staff in the preparation of design information and drawings including delegation of tasks and monitoring progress.
- Provide engineering support and advice including production of design calculations.
- Prepare or assist others in the collation of project status reports by analysing and summarising information as well as outlining recommended actions.
- Liaise with clients, contractors and suppliers, stakeholders and third parties to ensure successful project delivery.
- To make short term visits to sites in the UK to support project and proposals needs for Client liaison, site surveys, construction supervision, etc.
- Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Adherence with relevant legislation and industry design standards.
What you'll need to succeed
You have excellent theoretical and technical knowledge of structural analysis, reinforced concrete design, steel design, design of water retaining structures and drainage. You can demonstrate experience/knowledge of design, detailing and project management of schemes such as of flood defence, steel, precast and substations in accordance with the relevant safety standards. You have the ability to work on your own initiative in the design of structures and supervision of contracts. Your good working knowledge of industry technical standards and
design codes including Eurocodes and your ability to produce clear and concise technical information, reports and specifications will be essential.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a competitive salary and a extensive benefits package which includes pension scheme, private healthcare scheme, 25 days holiday (plus stats) and flexible working. There is also on site parking. You will be encouraged to share ideas and improvements as positive contributions are highly valued. You will be given the autonomy to make your own decisions and develop new plans and ideas for yourself, your team and the business as a whole.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.