Senior Structural Design Engineer job in Derby. Ideally Chartered or working towards Chartership.
Your new company
They have been established for over 20 years delivering Structural and Civil Engineering design services to a wide range of clients operating in the commercial, industrial, power, health, transport, leisure and education sectors. They pride themselves on their high standards, attention to detail and Health and Safety aspects of their work. They are committed to providing a personal and flexible service individually tailored to each client's needs ensuring they provide a design and detailing service specific to each project.
Your new role
You will be instrumental in taking the client's design brief and seeing it through from inception to completion.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Design of steel and concrete structures to BSEN1990-1999
- Working with current National Design Standards and Client Specifications
- Working to tight deadlines, delivering project deliverables on time and on budget
- Project manage the delivery of civil design projects
- Meet client requirements and specifications and to deliver compliant design solutions within the agreed timeframe, costs and quality standards
- Carry out conceptual designs, detail designs as well as assessing existing structure condition
- Provide engineering support and advice including production of design calculations.
- Production of accurate and detailed calculations utilising TEDDS software
- Liaise with clients, contractors and suppliers, stakeholders and third parties to ensure successful project delivery
What you'll need to succeed
You have a degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification (ideally Chartered also). You can demonstrate experience of using design software packages including TSD, TEDD, connection design software and interaction use of 2D and 3D CAD packages. You are able to interact and cooperate with all company employees, specifically liaising with Technician & Engineers. You are adept at utilising appropriate technology in the development and delivery of your work and you are able to attend training and develop relevant skills, knowledge and experience.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a competitive salary and a extensive benefits package which includes pension scheme, private healthcare scheme, 25 days holiday (plus stats) and flexible working. There is also on site parking. You will be encouraged to share ideas and improvements as positive contributions are highly valued. You will be given the autonomy to make your own decisions and develop new plans and ideas for yourself, your team and the business as a whole.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.