Civil Engineer job in Nottingham, specialising in the designing of highways and drainage projects.
Your new company
A multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy operating nationally. Their diverse experience and expertise offers a range of engineering designs suited for a world driven by technology & interaction. They aim to be a forward-thinking business which focuses on producing a precise service. They are keen to embrace creativity and new technologies in order to offer new possibilities for their clients.
Your new role
You will be working as part of a busy Civil Engineering team producing high quality designs for residential, commercial and industrial projects, within highways and drainage. Your main duties will include:
- Consultation with clients, other staff members and statutory bodies including Building Control, NHBC, Planning Authorities, Highway Authorities, Environment Agency, Statutory Undertakers etc;
- Utilisation of various computer software programs which will include Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), AutoCAD and more specialist software such as MicroDrainage, AutoTrack and Site3D;
- Maintaining high technical standards consistent with the project design brief;
- Design of new infrastructure schemes (roads, drainage and external works) to serve proposed commercial and residential developments;
- Design of roundabouts, signalised junctions and other S278 highway schemes;
- Design of sustainable drainage systems in accordance with current design guidelines and legislation;
- Site visits associated with inspections and/ or site investigation works;
- Attendance at meetings with team, clients and statutory approving bodies. Occasional requirement to attend meetings, public consultation events or planning committees outside of normal office hours;
What you'll need to succeed
You will be experienced in both highways and drainage projects and you hold a degree in Civil Engineering.
Your knowledge includes S106, S278, and S38. You have a portfolio of highway and drainage designs for both residential and commercial projects. Your ability to work within a team, at pace and with energy is crucial as is your ability to work on a number of projects at any one time, managing your own workload accordingly to meet critical deadlines. You also have experience of using Microdrainage.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a competitive salary to match your experience level and a comprehensive benefits package which includes pension scheme, private healthcare, participation in professional training courses is supported by the business.You will be offered a challenging and varied role, where you will work on a range of projects and use your expertise to the full. Career progression is offered at all levels and employees are encouraged to make their career with this business.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.