Senior/Principle CDM Designer job in Newark offering competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Your new company
A leading professional service business, operating in 125 countries across all six continents. They are proud of the quality tailored solutions they provide to their clients which generate high volumes of repeat business and they are confident they can provide unparalleled opportunities to showcase your talents and truly develop your career.
Your new role
As a Senior CDM Consultant, you will be involved with a range of projects including commercial, residential, industrial and infrastructure schemes where your health and safety construction knowledge will be used in the development of those projects. As part of your main duties, you will produce outputs in accordance with the project requirements and act as the primary point of contact for day to day communication with clients, consultants and contractors. Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Principal/Associate to ensure full project delivery
- Use own initiative and demonstrate independent working
- Collate and be able to validate designer's and contractor's risk assessments based on sound health & safety knowledge relevant to the role
- Report writing
- Co-ordinate and manage project work completed by junior colleagues
- Review of consultants' and contractors' design proposals and health & safety mitigation measures
- Attend and contribute to project/client meetings and undertake site inspections as required
- Line manage and mentor junior staff, providing advice and guidance to share technical expertise
- Commercial awareness and cognisance of cost/time, budget implications
- Conduct activities in line with internal procedures, legislation, and industry standards
- Manage work activities which support Quality Management System
- Participate fully within the team, leading by example through behaviours and good working practices
- Work in a safe manner at all times and report all health & safety incidents and concerns, including near misses, accidents, and injuries
- Manage own continuous professional development and maintain a high degree of discipline, knowledge and awareness.
What you'll need to succeed
You hold a NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health & Safety or Occupational Health & Safety and your are an Associate Membership of IOSH. You have a minimum of 4 years relevant construction experience and at least one year relevant Health & Safety experience. Your excellent communication skills, coupled your with a flexible approach will be essential as is your ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders and clients. Your background of Health and Safety within a Construction environment and your understanding of the design process and its relationship with site activities will also be key to your success. You can demonstrate a working knowledge of the CDM Regulations; however, the company will supplement with additional training as required.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a competitive salary and flexible benefits package including: Excellent holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD.
You will be based from home and in the office. This is an excellent opportunity to develop and progress in an environment where your efforts and talent are recognised. You will be offered the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects with Blue-Chip Developers through a friendly and vibrant team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.