Responsible for owning and leading operational delivery of the responsive repairs, gas and voids service. Demonstrating consistent strong leadership and strategic direction to both the in house DLO and contractors to deliver a cost effective, leading service to our customers and clients. To ensure all work carried out complies with health and safety regulations, policies and procedures. Working to promote and embed our Safe, Satisfied and Sustainable corporate objectives.
- Lead on the development and production of strategic and operational plans for both the responsive repairs service and the DLO
- Identifying growth opportunities for the DLO and presenting these to the Head of Asset Management and ETX (extended Executive Team)
- Ensuring a cost efficient responsive repairs service, through maximum DLO efficiency, effective procurement and efficient works planning
- Responsible for delivering both a responsive, gas and voids service within budget.
- Leading on the effective management of contractors, including regular meetings, minutes and action plans to improve.
- Responsible for ensuring that all work carried out by in-house trade operatives and subcontractors is compliant with all legislation.
- Overseeing all work issued to the DLO and sub contractors.
- To develop and oversee a suite of KPIs and compliance measures, monitoring and reporting on performance. This includes identifying underperforming areas and developing and implementing action plans that deliver continuous improvements.
- To lead and direct the works planning team to ensure optimal efficiency in the delivery of work.
- Ensuring both direct and in-direct reports adhere to all policies.
- Ability to identify areas of improvement, pulling together, owning and monitoring service improvement plans.
- Responsible for ensuring all works and inspection are in accordance with the organisations health and safety policies.
- To obtain all necessary permissions, licences, approvals and accreditations related to works undertaken as required.
- Embed a customer focused approach to service delivery, responding creatively to customer feedback and resident needs and promoting resident involvement.
- To produce a training programme for all direct and indirect reports, considering future changes to repairs, such as the move towards net 0 carbon.
- Responsible for the safe delivery of all activities within the repairs service.
- Work proactively with other stakeholders to ensure the service represents excellent value for money
- Engage and foster excellent working relationships with key stakeholders including customers, local authorities, contractors, partners and other relevant agencies.
- Manage and monitor associated budgets, authorising expenditure within levels of delegated responsibility to ensure sustainability and achieve value for money.
- Effectively manage the DLO in terms of recruitment, deployment, training, and appraisal of all staff.
- Foster a culture of success, focused on customer service and value for money.
- Embrace and proactively promote the Core values
- To take on other duties commensurate with this post as directed/delegated by the Head of Asset Management.
- Experience of housing repairs in responsive environment.
- Minor works project experience.
- Experience of health and safety in construction environment.
- CDM 2015.
- Experience of managing remote and co-located staff.
- Experience of managing a DLO.
- Experience of contract management with both contractors and clients.
- Experience of maintaining databases and schedule of rates.
- IOSH qualified
- Compliance qualification.
- Relevant professional qualification in housing or building and/or suitable experience within building maintenance.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.