Structural Technician Job in Nottingham. Hybrid working structure, competitive salary, excellent benefits
Your new company
A multi-disciplinary consultancy whose focus is on quality and commitment to continuous improvement with the development of their staff at the heart of their business strategy. They are committed to promoting equality, diversity and cohesion, reflecting this in their working environment and practices to attract and retain the best talent in a competitive industry. They firmly believe that their success is down to their brilliant team. This is why they invest in people, their development, and their well being, and have become an Investors in People Platinum accredited company.
Your new role
You will join the Structures team in the Nottingham office of the business. Your main duties will include:
- Production of drawings and technical information using both AutoCAD and REVIT platforms
- Produce detailing in structural steel work, concrete and masonry
- Delivering a variety of information including, but not limited to GA's, Sections, RC Detailing, Drainage and Structures.
- Working within company BIM protocols and standards within defined project timescale
- Liaising with Internal & External Stakeholders to ensure design is fully co-ordinated.
Senior or Principal Technicians will also have additional responsibilities including:
- Managing other technicians to ensure the delivery of design information within defined project timescales
- Developing relationships with clients and other professionals with the aim of identifying and securing new job opportunities.
What you'll need to succeed
You are qualified up to a minimum of BTEC Level 3 (or Equivalent) and you are fully competent in AutoCAD. You can also demonstrate Revit Structural modelling experience and a good level of technical competence and good understanding of building structures and structural/civil engineering. Your RC detailing and scheduling experience will be essential to your new role. Ideally you are working towards or have a desire to work towards TIStructE and EngTech status.
What you'll get in return
Helping employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is essential to this business and if you join them, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements and an outstanding package that includes:
- Family feel culture
- Being part of an Employee-owned Trust
- Award winning L&D team who champion personal and professional development
- 25 days holidays + birthday holiday and option to purchase further holidays
- 7% company pension contribution
- Health cash plan
- Employee wellness program - Access to support like 24/7 GP, Get Fit Programme, mental health, financial and legal support, plus more
- Competitive salary and annual reviews
- Life assurance and long-term illness protection
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Holidays at company lodges and walking weekends
- Cycle to work scheme
- Awards and away days
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.