Lead Environmental Specialist - Permanent Job - Coventry or Derby - £45,000-£55,000 DOE & Fantastic Benefits
Your new company
A large and well regarded company that genuinely cares about their environmental impact. They are investing over £2 billion into construction projects over the next five years to improve the services they provide, and want you to help them do so sustainably. Their plans include a large investment into sustainability from now to 2025, primarily with regard to climate change, biodiversity and a progressive switch to renewable energy.
A clear commitment to Equality, Diversity & Inclusion, welcoming diverse thinking. The client values character, positivity, and a caring attitude in equal weight to relevant experience. They really care about what they do, and they want to welcome people that feel the same.
Do you have a strong technical background in a relevant environmental discipline, and an understanding of the relevant regulatory, social, political, and environmental drivers in the industry? Are you experienced in building effective working relationships with others from a range of organisations? If so, please read on!
Your new role
As a Lead Environmental Specialist, you will have two main responsibilities…
1) Delivering the environmental and water resource activities required for successful project delivery of the client's Strategic Resource Options (SRO's). For this, you'll need to manage and contribute to technical work packages being delivered by consultants to ensure they deliver the required outcomes that have been agreed with regulators. This means you'll need to build trust with regulators to make sure you're getting the right information to answer the questions they are posing.
As well as the above, you'll also set out work packages and timelines required to meet stakeholder requirements, and leading multi-party workshops may be required.
Alongside this, you'll also need to manage consultants delivering environmental work packages, monitor delivery, review reports, and ensure scheme partners buy-in. You will work with technical experts within the organisation and will also be pivotal to utilise internal expertise and get the best outcome for the SRO's.
2) The second element of this role covers general, overall responsibilities including Ecology, hydrology, regulatory environmental assessments, biodiversity, and natural capital. You'll also develop an understanding of natural capital benefit and wider assessments and support the development of policy where required.
What you'll need to succeed
You'll need to build trusting relationships with our environmental regulators along with our internal stakeholders, providing technical advice to ensure that the SROs can deliver Environmental Assessments on these strategic surface water transfers, particularly from an ecological and hydrology perspective. Specifically, they would be looking for prior experience in the below:
- Experience of project management, budget control and leading projects
- Experience guiding and appraising work delivered by consultants to ensure it meets our, and regulator requirements
- An understanding of the relevant regulatory, social, political and environmental drivers that affect the business.
- The ability to provide or interpret technical advice/reports and communicate this to various parties at an appropriate level of detail
- An skill to turn data and reports in to informative and engaging slide packs to update internal teams, external parties and senior management
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to quickly assimilate information, think broadly and ask questions about data, facts and other information.
What you'll get in return
It's not just a job you'll get, it's a career too. My client has a range of benefits that reward and recognise great work and award-winning training to ensure you reach your potential. And they'll also help you play your part in looking after the environment and the community in which we live. Here's some of the favourites:
- Competitive salary DOE
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays (and the ability to buy/sell up to 5 days per year)
- Annual bonus scheme
- Fantastic Pension scheme - The company contribution will be twice your contribution (Up to 15% when you contribute 7.5%)
- Comprehensive flexible benefits scheme including Gymflex, Dental and Critical Illness Insurance and our Technology Scheme where you can spread payment for a variety of Technology purchases
- A chance to save up to £500 per month for three or five years, with the option to buy shares at a discounted rate
- A range of work/life balance features such as; flexible working, fostering leave, adoption, maternity, paternity, parental leave, neonatal leave and fertility leave.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact me for a confidential discussion on your career.