Hydrogeologist - Permanent Job - Shrewsbury - £30,000 p/annum
Your new company
A growing, independent company with a focus on cost-effective and appropriate advice for their clients. Some of which include; quarrying, water companies, local authorities, wildlife trusts and NGOs. They handle both surface and groundwater, with services in flood risk & hydrology, extraction, landfill & permitting, surface water management, agriculture & land management, aid & development.
With many long standing clients and an ever expanding remit, they are looking to hire a new hydrogeologist to join their dynamic team of professionals.
Your new role
With a wide variety of projects and therefore exciting work, there will never be a dull moment. The day-to-day will include;
- Hydrogeological planning applications & assessments
- Coordinate drilling and borehole creation
- Produce reports
- Client liaison
- Field work 1/2 days a month
You'll be exposed to a lot of the operational elements of the business with many chances to get involved in senior elements and learn for the future.
What you'll need to succeed
You'll need to be, above all, organised and self-motivated. Have an eye for detail and be numerate, with a keen interest in solving complex hydrogeological problems.
- BSc Geology or science related
- MSc Hydrogeology
- Some relevant industry experience, preferably in consultancy
- Able to produce qualitative and quantitative assessments with regards to groundwater flow
- Experience liaising with clients etc.
- GIS capability
- Commercial awareness of the market and budgets
- Experience with groundwater modelling packages
What you'll get in return
A role in a personal, supportive company whereby you'll be given a plethora of opportunities to learn and progress, in order to have a great career within hydrogeology.
- Competitive salary
- Profit share scheme
- Standard pension and holiday
- In-house training and webinars
- Relocation allowance - £1,000
- A wide range of projects, keeping things exciting
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.