Your new company
Professional and well-recognised company with a friendly culture that promotes individual growth and flexibility. Established in the UK for over 200 years and now international. They work to effect change through ESG [Environmental, Social and Governance] and Wellness at a human scale to help create healthy, productive, prosperous spaces and places that deliver a net benefit to the economy, the environment and the community. As part of the World Green Building Council's Net Zero Carbon Buildings Commitment, they are reducing carbon emissions to net zero in their UK buildings by 2030, and are identifying renewable solutions for our offices located in high carbon footprint utility service districts.
Some of their current clients include the NDA [Nuclear Decommission Authority], DS Smith, Clearbell and Ho seasons, to name a few.
Your new role
You will be joining a small team within the business including two current professionals in both Flood risk and Drainage. You will be coordinating and conducting the drainage strategy, design and associated tasks, for the companies varied and ever-growing list of clients.
You will be travelling to sites UK-Wide for assessments, however you will be based in Birmingham.
What you'll need to succeed
You'll need to have experience within this field and a similar role, having coordinated and designed drainage for various developments such as holiday parks, residential, business parks etc.
- Chartered engineer [CEng / CIWEM]
- Systems knowledge: AutoCAD 2D/3D, Civils 2D/3D, MicroDrainage, ArcView/Info, ESRI, ArcGIS, QGIS, PDS, MS Office
- Experience with the production of drainage design drawings
- Experience in flood risk is desirable
- Knowledge of digital engineering standards such as BS EN ISO 19650
- Knowledge of Sewers for Adoption
- Knowledge of relevant British Standards for below ground drainage
- Sound knowledge of engineering design principles
- Excellent communication skills and experience working as a member of a team / liaise with other engineers and consultants
- Full UK driving license
- 2x References
What you'll get in return
The company prides itself on being untypical of the standard hierarchical and regimental structure that its competitors may have. Flexible working options are readily available and they will try to tailor working requirements to each individual upon request.
Varied role which is ever-changing with each project, things will be kept fresh for you and therefore, exciting. Your promotional possibilities are readily available and depend on personal achievement rather than length of service.
- Excellent salary DOE
- Transparent Bonus Scheme
- High-end Car Allowance
- Free Parking
- Medical Insurance/Healthcare - Including spouse and child
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Death in Service scheme
- 25 Days Holiday with the option to buy more
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Mileage Allowance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call me now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.