A prestigious and well established architectural practice, is hiring for a specification manager to join its team in London. They are seeking an experienced built environment professional to be responsible for coordinating the practice’s delivery of project specifications. With current projects that include masterplans, housing, cultural, education, health, retail, hotel and office buildings, this is an exciting opportunity to influence and facilitate a wide range of projects within the practice.
- Form part of the practice's technical team and will work collaboratively with colleagues, project leaders and partners.
- Maintain a strategic overview of the methodology for the production of specifications and their content.
- Produce project specific specification templates to support project teams in the production of specifications at key work stages (typically RIBA work stages 2, 3 and 4).
- Your role will include liaising and providing advice to Technical Directors and project teams and responding to technical queries.
Skills & Experience
- Experience in architectural practice or in a construction firm is preferable.
- Strong IT skills will be required for this role.
- An interest and understanding of technical design, project delivery and specification writing.
- A problem solving mindset with a willingness to help colleagues through troubleshooting.
- Inquisitive and tenacious, you will make sound judgements and recommendations based on analytical rigour.
- You will be highly organised, detail-oriented and a natural planner with an enthusiasm to connect with the project teams and their work.
- Use of NBS Chorus is critically essential for this role.
- Although this is not a drawing based role, knowledge of Microstation, Revit and or AutoCAD will be vital.
This will be a great opportunity for experienced technical architects, architectural technologists and those with a keen interest in the details of a project.