Temp to perm PM job, NHS capital works projects. Redditch or Kidderminster based. Suitable for perm candidates
Your new company
An NHS body that enjoys a solid reputation and boasts the provision of outstanding, reliable, and accessible healthcare for their local community always to the highest of standards. They are committed to always adhering to organisation-wide behaviours such as keeping their word; avoiding delays every day; working and celebrating collaboratively; and always listening, learning, and leading where they can.
Your new role
The fundamental purpose of this role is to assist the department head in managing the Capital Estates Programme. The successful applicant will therefore be responsible for a vast array of PM duties in this regard, below are some of the general duties of the role:
- To be directly responsible for and manage teams of external professional consultants (Design Team) as required for each project.
- To monitor the progress of all members of the Design Teams and ensure the performance is maximised.
- To assist in producing ad hoc reports and in project work.
- To lead on arranging Continual Professional Development (CPD) events for the Department and to keep a record of staff training.
- To seek ways in which value can be added to the organisation's services.
Below in this section are a selection of examples of the wider, more specific duties relevant to this role:
- To provide professional construction advice to the department head and others.
- To manage a portfolio of highly complex Capital Projects from initial briefing to completion of works on site.
- To be responsible for all external contractors and professional consultants employed across the portfolio of Capital Projects.
- To implement legislation updates and amendments into project processes and procedures.
- To ensure high quality in all aspects of development and establish a supportive and co-operative Environment.
The full list of these duties is extensive and can be found on the full job description, available on request.
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally, the successful applicant will have some experience working in similar management roles for the NHS. It is essential that you will have this experience within the wider public sector. You will also need to be an experienced Project Manager, capable of undertaking the array of duties expected of you and be able to manage projects of a specialist nature within a sensitive environment.
It is also important that applicants consider that they will be subject to completing a DBS check prior to commencing their employment due to the sensitive nature of the working environment. Additionally, the way in which you conduct yourself must adhere to the organisations code of conduct.
What you'll get in return
An hourly rate of up to £37 for a 37.5 hour week is on offer. This job will transition into a perm job and the salary will be up to £53K.
The work that the successful applicant will be conducting will directly contribute to enhancing the quality of life of the organisation's staff, patients, and other users. You will be helping to create amazing spaces for those that will really appreciate them and for applicants that find this highly rewarding, this is the temp job for you.
Furthermore, working within a respected public sector organisation will provide the successful applicant with a positive, non-profit orientated working environment where trust, teamwork, and community are central to everything you will be doing.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.