Masterplanner - Urban Design - Associate Director/Director
- London, Manchester or Bristol
- 75000-90000 per annum
- Closing date
- 1 Jun 2022
- Job position
- Associate, Director
- Contract Type
- Full Time
- Job Function
- Architect, Landscape Architect, Town Planner
This practice take pride in creating lasting urban environments with meaningful social consequence, striving to add real value to people’s lives. Their team brings this passion and commitment to the delivery of their projects, giving shape to innovative and sustainable places that lie at the heart of communities across the UK and around the world.
As an experienced or aspiring Associate Director, you will work as key part of their Masterplanning leadership team: contributing to the development of their design culture and approach, taking ownership of project delivery, supporting work winning and developing client relationships as well as managing/mentoring others within the practice.
- Manage and lead the team; including recruitment, mentoring etc
- Lead high-quality urban design and master planning projects;
- Lead on the preparation of technical bids and fee proposals for master planning and urban design projects and other major infrastructure projects where appropriate;
- Oversee the project management of master planning projects involving multi-disciplinary teams, including the application of all business management systems;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients, attending meetings, workshops and seminars;
Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in urban design or comparable qualification, with a preferable first degree in architecture or landscape architecture;
- Client focused with good management skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken;
- Experience of developing tender proposals for public and private sector clients;
- Have experience on UK residential schemes and a beneficial familiarity of the Homes England Framework, as well as on urban regeneration and TOD projects;
- Have a working understanding of the UK Planning System and a track record of developing SPD’s, Outline applications, Design Codes and Regional Spatial Strategies;
- Have experience of working on international masterplanning projects;
- When circumstances permit, be available to travel across the UK when required, with the ability to travel internationally on occasion an advantage .
- Have a working familiarity with the use of the range of IT applications employed;
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert