As part of the implementation of the BIM Strategy, the design team shall assign an individual to the role of design team BIM Coordinator. The individual shall have sufficient experience for the size and complexity of the project and shall have relevant proficiency in authoring, coordination, quality assurance, and issue tracking tools. The individual shall serve as the main point of contact with the BIM Lead for BIM related issues. The BIM Coordinator would be responsible for the delivery of our BIM Services across the projects.
- Detail and produce architectural packages for presentation / tender + construction
- Set up BIM projects, making early decisions with the BIM Coordinators on how to break-up the models and distribute them based on design and construction team needs, geographical location, and collaboration requirements.
- Work with the BIM Champions to verify compliance with the BIM Management Plan
- With the BIM Lead, establish training material and conduct software training with BIM applications.
- With the BIM Lead, produce practice BIM/Revit protocols/BEPs/EIR checklists, integrated with FPA ethos/current standards to create, and implement a practice BIM Management Plan.
- Develop Revit Templates/ families etc. to improve software efficiency. (Develop a series of Dynamo scripts where relevant for project management/greater efficiencies).
- Develop, coordinate, publish and then verify that all necessary configurations required for seamless integration of design and construction model information have been implemented.
- Facilitate use of composite design models in design coordination/clash detection meetings and provides detection reports by the identification and resolution of all hard and soft collisions.
- Ensure that BIMs are used appropriately to test design requirements/criteria for functionality.
- Assure that the design deliverables specified in the contract are provided in accordance with the formats specified.
- Interface with Architects and BIM Champions and IT Helpdesk to ensure software is installed and operating properly.
- Possess good design ability and strong technical knowledge
- Good knowledge of UK building regulation
- Advanced knowledge of the BIM authoring tools
- Skills required to coordinate and verify geometrical/alphanumeric data. This is to include BIM federation tools and data analysis tools i.e. Navisworks Manage, Solibri Model Checker
- Basic skills to use office software suite applications for word processing, spreadsheets, and email
- Good understanding and skills with managing preparation for file exchange, file uploads and downloads within CDE
- Practical knowledge of issue tracking platforms like BIM Collab, BIM Track etc.
Key behavioural competencies
- Strong written and verbal communication with the ability to adapt communication style to meet the needs of different audiences
- Highly accurate with good attention to detail
- Commercially aware, mature, responsible & reliable
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with the team and external stakeholders to ensure high quality service delivery
- Ability to manage time effectively to meet key deadlines
- Ability to analyse problems and propose effective solutions
Qualifications, Certifications and Experience
- Previous experience with PAS 1192-2: 2013 or ISO 19650 – 2 requirements, trained and understands the outputs which are required as per UK Government mandate
- Previous experience working as an Architect and BIM Coordinator
- A degree, diploma, or certificate in a relevant construction / design subject
- A professional qualification in a relevant subject
- Achieved a recognised certification: i.e. Autodesk Certification; BRE; RICS